30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Firewoman33
s/o sort of of Money Monday
February 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Does anyone use Mint.com to manage personal finances? Is there a different website/app/program that you use?

What do you like or dislike about what you are using?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to have better communication with DH re: our finances. Basically I want to go to him with a monthly report about what and where our money was spent and what we need to budget for. 

So, far I have been doing this overly time consuming process of writing down all the info from various accounts and the consolidating into categories. It is ridiculously laborious. I know I'm about to abandon this resolution unless I can come up with a more efficient process. 

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Firewoman33
    February 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

bump

• ShelbysHope76
    February 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Here's a bump for ya!

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

We use mint.com it's fun to look at, like "hey look where our money is going" but as far as keeping track of our actual finances I use my checkbook on my iPad... I typically calculate my checkbook 3 months out, so I can see what's what.

• carakitty
    February 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

A long time ago I used Quicken.

• mommybug77
    February 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I don't use anything.
  • lisahappymom
    February 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My DH and I each have separate accounts and one joint account.  We each put a specific amount each month into the joint account, and then we pay all of our joint bills from there.  We can use whatever is left in our individual accounts to spend or save however we like.    We always know where our money is going, and we never fight about money. 

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN