30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
diaperstodating
What Blizzard do you remember?
February 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Apparently there was a Blizzard of 1978 (I read in another post) that was before my time, and the time of some of us in this group.

Do you remember a Blizzard during your childhood? Which one?

Replies

• offrdngal
    February 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    1978...I was almost 4 years old. I fell into a snow drift, in our yard. My mittens were on top of it, that's how I was found. I wasn't in it for very long.

• diaperstodating
    February 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I remember the Blizzard of 1996.

• diaperstodating
    February 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I am glad you were found quickly.

Is that your earliest memory?

Quoting offrdngal:

1978...I was almost 4 years old. I fell into a snow drift, in our yard. My mittens were on top of it, that's how I was found. I wasn't in it for very long.

• offrdngal
    February 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    Quoting diaperstodating:

No, I have a few memories from a little earlier than that. :)
  • lalasmama2007
    February 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM

So do I.

Quoting diaperstodating:

I remember the Blizzard of 1996.

• ToYnyc
    by ToYnyc
    February 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM

yes i actually remember my mom and i walking in snow that i was waist deep in, so i was really young maybe 2 or 3

• frstldyhmsch
    February 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM

LOL I read the post title and my inner "glutton girl" lead me to believe you were talking about Dairy Queen Blizzards!... anyway, yeah I do remember a few blizzards during my childhood years....just can't put my finger on the years....probably a lot of them...I live in the windy city

• snowangel1979
    February 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    I remember one when I was about 8 or 9.
    The snow was really deep and you really couldn't tell where the driveways were. (we lived out in the country)

I walked down to my friends house which was like 5 houses down. I missed the driveway and all my dad saw was my pink gloves sticking up because I stepped into the ditch. LOL. Luckily my dad was plowing everyones driveways for them so he was next door.
  • SuperPickle
    February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

We had a snow storm in 96 that I guess they classified as a blizzard....I didnt really think it was THAT bad though, at least in our area...I think we got about 25-26 inches..

• VAGal25
    by VAGal25
    February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    1996, I was in the 7th grade and we were out of school for a week. This was in Williamsburg, VA. My friends and I made an igloo type of thing. Lol.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts