30 Something Moms

carigirl75
Krispy Kreme Addict
February 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Ok so I live down the block from a Krispy Kreme Donut..mmmmmm yes are you jealous ?  ha ha ha..anyways on sundays me and little man walk down and get the newpaper and donuts.  So this past sunday I got a dozen (which when I began this little tradition I started off buying 2 donuts) We got home and I  had a donut and then got back up to eat another one..Then I plopped back down on the couch and began to enjoy my second donut (really my 3rd)  and my 3 1/2 year old looks at me horrified and says mommy...put that back.  I said why?....he said put it back you eat toooooo many donuts!  ugh....thank you son for the reminder that I am a Krispy Kreme addict. 

Replies

• christineT79
    February 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

LOL. I live on the east coast so we don't have Krispy Kreme we have Dunkin Donuts & I was an addict when I was pregnant. We had Krispy Kreme's here in my city for about a year but they didnt do well because most people in my city are big Dunkin Donut fans. I ate lots of donuts & muffins when I was preggo.

• lalasmama2007
    February 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

They're still in PA.

Quoting christineT79:

LOL. I live on the east coast so we don't have Krispy Kreme we have Dunkin Donuts & I was an addict when I was pregnant. We had Krispy Kreme's here in my city for about a year but they didnt do well because most people in my city are big Dunkin Donut fans. I ate lots of donuts & muffins when I was preggo.

• lalasmama2007
    February 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I've only had them once or twice and I wasn't impressed.  They're definitely better when they're warm though...

• angelachristine
    February 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM

yes I really am. where I am there are no donut shops. we had jolly pirate but all of those went away. It sucks but is probably for the best or i'd be tempted to get some donuts more often. lol

• RatherBeReading
    February 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm in South Carolina, and we have both, although there are definitely more DD. I only like KK when they are fresh and warm, and only the glazed ones. I love DD though...so many delicious flavors and the seasonal/special ones are awesome. My kids had the Red Velvet with icing ones the other day and begged me to go back for some more, lol. 

Quoting lalasmama2007:

They're still in PA.

Quoting christineT79:

• ReadWriteLuv
    February 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Krispy Kreme is going under and most of their stores are closing, you may want to think of a new addiction. 

Donuts are terrible for you. Little bombs of carbs and sugar. I used to love donuts too, but when I look at them now I tell myself it's not worth the hour and a half I'd have to spend running it off. :-(

• JasonsMom2007
    February 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Even when I did eat things like donuts I couldn't stand those.  They are so greasy!

• diaperstodating
    February 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    We have both in Maryland. I am glad I don't live that close to Krispy Kreme or I might be an addict to.
  • yroder2003
    February 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    There a store a few blocks from my mom's house and you can smell them when they are being made fresh. As much as I love them, the price for a dozen now is ridiculious.
  • MrsJoe125
    February 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Don't feel badly.  I would be too, if dh would let me (and it wasn't gonna cause me to weigh a billion pounds). lol

30 Something Moms