30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
GraceStrickland
Pregnancy weight gain, postpartum weight loss
February 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I have had three babies weighing 5.5, 6.7, and 6.2.  My non-pregnant weight is 120lbs or under and I am 5.2.  I 've gained over 55 with each pregnancy, and while I lose it quickly with little effort and have healthy happy babies, it bothers me.  I know this weight gain is unhealthy but I actually eat very healthy, the same as when I am not pregnant, exercise appropriately, and take in a reasonable amount of calories.

With my middle child I startes at 105 and came only a few lbs short of doubling my weight.  I am not underweight, but I had thyroid issues which contributed.

It is frustrating to gain so much when there is no healthy way cut out or burn more calories.  If I exericise more I will need to eat more to keep my blood sugar up.  I come from a family of professional nutritionists!  Also, I get bummed about how I look and feel and then of course I need to go in and have 5 nurses and the doctor tell me I'm a pig who is endangering her infants life every month.

Does anyone else gain a lot and lose it quickly?

Replies

• lalasmama2007
    February 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    I only gained 18 lbs with my dd. I lost it all (except for a pound or two) when I gave birth.
  • GraceStrickland
    February 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

HAHA well thanks for responding anyway!  =)

None of the resounding words of encouragment I was fishing for but, oh well :-P

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I only gained 18 lbs with my dd. I lost it all (except for a pound or two) when I gave birth.

• ToYnyc
    by ToYnyc
    February 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

i gained alot of weight with both my pregnancies, my babies would move and kick when i ate so sometimes i would eat just to feel them move so if you can imagine i did this all day everyday for months lol, i lost 30lbs with weight watchers online and zumba fitness, i would like to lose more but i seemed to have hit a plateau

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN