30 Something Moms

GraceStrickland
Pregnancy weight gain, postpartum weight loss
February 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I have had three babies weighing 5.5, 6.7, and 6.2.  My non-pregnant weight is 120lbs or under and I am 5.2.  I 've gained over 55 with each pregnancy, and while I lose it quickly with little effort and have healthy happy babies, it bothers me.  I know this weight gain is unhealthy but I actually eat very healthy, the same as when I am not pregnant, exercise appropriately, and take in a reasonable amount of calories.

With my middle child I startes at 105 and came only a few lbs short of doubling my weight.  I am not underweight, but I had thyroid issues which contributed.

It is frustrating to gain so much when there is no healthy way cut out or burn more calories.  If I exericise more I will need to eat more to keep my blood sugar up.  I come from a family of professional nutritionists!  Also, I get bummed about how I look and feel and then of course I need to go in and have 5 nurses and the doctor tell me I'm a pig who is endangering her infants life every month.

Does anyone else gain a lot and lose it quickly?

Replies

• lalasmama2007
    February 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    I only gained 18 lbs with my dd. I lost it all (except for a pound or two) when I gave birth.
  • GraceStrickland
    February 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

HAHA well thanks for responding anyway!  =)

None of the resounding words of encouragment I was fishing for but, oh well :-P

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I only gained 18 lbs with my dd. I lost it all (except for a pound or two) when I gave birth.

• ToYnyc
    by ToYnyc
    February 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

i gained alot of weight with both my pregnancies, my babies would move and kick when i ate so sometimes i would eat just to feel them move so if you can imagine i did this all day everyday for months lol, i lost 30lbs with weight watchers online and zumba fitness, i would like to lose more but i seemed to have hit a plateau

30 Something Moms