30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Jld4
Ugh....one of those...
by Jld4
January 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I feel like I'm having one of those days/weeks/months. I am a sahm, but work 1-4 nights a week after my hubs comes home. I am a personal care attendant (working w/ individuals w/special needs). I will cook dinner for my family but don't often get to eat with them. I am at a point where I don't want to eat anything I cook, I'm not planning meals real well (I love to try new things, but $ doesn't grow on trees...so it can get expensive to buy new ingredients ) probably to the detriment of my babies (it's not that bad, just my mood). I know when in depressed or falling into the black pit, but I'm in this funk and can't get out....any insight or things I can do from food, planning, ect. Thanks y'all!

Replies

• frstldyhmsch
    January 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM

How old are your kids? Are they old enough to help out with the cooking? If so, always allow the kids to help out, that way you can spend quality time with them before dinner & it may ease the pain of not actually sitting down with them. & no matter what, you've gotta eat! With the funk that you're in, you can't afford to miss a meal. Your body needs it. Also I like making casseroles...adding a salad & calling it dinner! They are easy & if you prep everything in the morning, dinner is easy-peasy!...so come on momma....get up out of that funk. when momma gets in a funk, the whole house goes with her.

shouting I'm rooting for you!

• Jld4
    by Jld4
    January 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Thank YOU! Appreciate your words!

Quoting frstldyhmsch:

How old are your kids? Are they old enough to help out with the cooking? If so, always allow the kids to help out, that way you can spend quality time with them before dinner & it may ease the pain of not actually sitting down with them. & no matter what, you've gotta eat! With the funk that you're in, you can't afford to miss a meal. Your body needs it. Also I like making casseroles...adding a salad & calling it dinner! They are easy & if you prep everything in the morning, dinner is easy-peasy!...so come on momma....get up out of that funk. when momma gets in a funk, the whole house goes with her.

shouting I'm rooting for you!

• frstldyhmsch
    January 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

:) Anytime hun

• JasonsMom2007
    January 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    I always get in a food funk this time of year. year I just want our summer garden so I can live out there eating everything! I truly hate this time of year.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN