30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Pink.Frosting
How would you use this meat?
January 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I've got a large package of thin cut sirloin tip steaks that I want to use up.  My family aren't fans of soups or stews so cutting them up for that is out.  I need some ideas/recipes because I'm drawing a blank! 

Replies

• virgochild79
    Nia
    January 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I would make fajitas or Chinese beef and broccoli 

• sallij
    by sallij
    January 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    I've done it as baked steak. I put it in the crock pot with Golden Mushroom soup, beef broth and some mushrooms.
  • heidi_r_77
    January 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    Fajitas !! Yumm !!
  • my4boys2002
    January 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Chinese beef and broccoli or Spanish style white rice and beans
  • moonlitnitz
    January 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM

cut them up and cook them then put them in gravy. put them on egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes

• deloit
    by deloit
    January 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    cut them in strips and cook with strips of bell pepper and onions then put in gravy and serve over rice with some garlic bread.this is the only way my boys eat gravy
  • justahousewife
    January 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Stir fry for wraps, sandwiches, salad, or just a mix with veggies.
  • Firewoman33
    January 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I'd do a stir fry. My family would probably prefer the fajita's.

• TableforSeven
    January 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Grill them -- nothing tastes better than a grilled steak (in fact, that's what I made for dinner tonight).

• SuperPickle
    January 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

One of my sons'(all 3) FAVORITE meals is steak rollups with thin steaks....I put a slice of cheese,(pepperjack is popular, but any kind you like) and other toppings like spinach, roasted red peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers......anything you like!(obviously dont overload it TOO much, just a few TB of toppings) then roll it up tightly and we LOVE to wrap them in a slice of bacon, then through them on the grill if you can, or just baking them works well too

This recipe isnt bacon wrapped but it is delicious too

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2012/01/pepper-jack-and-green-chile-steak-roll.html

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts