30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
gcecelie
Do you care about what others think of you?
January 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

• Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 33% - Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)
  2. 5% - Yes! Perception is reality!
  3. 60% - Only certain people/times/situations.

Replies

• gcecelie
    January 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Pretty much.

Joel Olsteen told a joke on his show one Sunday morning. A sister in the church was complaining that a guy kept staring at her during service. So then someone went to have a talk to the guy about it and he said, "I don't know what's going on with that woman but she is always staring at me."

Except its not staring its nasty adjectives. Same idea though.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I agree with you OP. I've noticed that if I just keep to myself people will project what they hate about themselves onto me. I've been called many names, none that I care to repeat. But I work in a bank so I HAVE to care what my managers think. It's imperative that they know I'm trustworthy. The slightest doubt would cost me my job.

• gcecelie
    January 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Only 5% of people said yes. I am surprised and thought it would be a lot more. So many people really feel that how people perceive them is really important... at least I thought.

• rebelrose79
    January 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    I don't. I have had 'friends' say mean & hurtful things all BC they don't like that I stand up for myself and know what I deserve.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN