30 Something Moms

gcecelie
Do you care about what others think of you?
January 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

• Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 33% - Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)
  2. 5% - Yes! Perception is reality!
  3. 60% - Only certain people/times/situations.

Replies

• LivinDeadGurl
    January 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM

In general, no I don't.

Obviously there are times when I need to (ie job interviews).

• gcecelie
    January 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Example Today

I smile pretty much all the time. If I see you I will say hello. Why did someone just call me fake?

This is why I just don't care. Tomorrow I will still be smiling and say hello.

Lawd.

• Looneyfarmmom
    January 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

LOL I really do not care what people think of me. My husband knows that if I want to do something then I am going to do it. Like if I am going to do my hair a certain way then I am going to do it whether he likes it or not. LOL he loves everything I do so I don't have to listen to that garbage about how I have to be his personal Barbie. When my family tells me how to live they know that doesn't fly well. I live my life the way I want to. The only time I think about what others think of me is when I need to be professional for work or that my little monkey's are watching me so how to be a proper role model. But as far as how my style goes, what I believe in, and how I live my life it is up to me. 

• Looneyfarmmom
    January 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Are they Tard the cat? 

Maybe they are allergic to smiles? 

Or just a weirdo who wants everyone to be just like them ;) lol I never know why anyone has to be a negative nancy. 

Quoting gcecelie:

Example Today

I smile pretty much all the time. If I see you I will say hello. Why did someone just call me fake?

Lawd.

• Knightquester
    January 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I am clean, so in that since I care enough to not go around looking like a slob, but outside caring enough to not make the general stranger cringe and edge away from me I do not do anything special to change peoples perceptions of me.  I'm generally a very happy, outgoing and positive person, but I don't include everybody into my "caring" circle.

My view on people in general I realize is a cold one but it's one I've adopted after many years of dealing with the wrong people, and caring too much.  If they aren't a person I will shed a tear over if they were to die today and they aren't a person I would go to their funeral then they aren't a person I will bother caring enough to even argue with much less care if they get upset over something I say or do.

• gcecelie
    January 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM

If it matters I cannot stop giggling.

"arggggg lets be mean to the pregnant lady who gives us cake. argggggg..."

Maybe laughter is my defense mehanism to not cry.... That sounds stupid, LOL!

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Are they Tard the cat? 

Maybe they are allergic to smiles? 

Or just a weirdo who wants everyone to be just like them ;) lol I never know why anyone has to be a negative nancy. 

Quoting gcecelie:

Example Today

Lawd.

• nodramamama311
    January 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    Yes and no. It depends on the situation. I always smile at everyone when I'm out and I'm always freindly. I would hate for someone to think badly of me but if they do that's their deal. I'm a nice person.
  • gcecelie
    January 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Yes. I often say, "If she tripped, fell, and died I would just go 'well... sh*t happens'". I totally agree with you.

Quoting Knightquester:

I am clean, so in that since I care enough to not go around looking like a slob, but outside caring enough to not make the general stranger cringe and edge away from me I do not do anything special to change peoples perceptions of me.  I'm generally a very happy, outgoing and positive person, but I don't include everybody into my "caring" circle.

My view on people in general I realize is a cold one but it's one I've adopted after many years of dealing with the wrong people, and caring too much.  If they aren't a person I will shed a tear over if they were to die today and they aren't a person I would go to their funeral then they aren't a person I will bother caring enough to even argue with much less care if they get upset over something I say or do.

• Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    January 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't really care either - In certain situations yes, I will fold and be empathetic to others.  But over the past few years I have learned to live for me ... not for the job, not to please my parents, friends or Jack or Jill.   If I listened to everyone around me, I wouldn't be with DH right now ... but I am.  Take me for who I am or leave it.

• Jessiejem
    January 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

The only people that I care what they think about me is my husband and children, everyone else , they can think what they want I really don't care , like me or don't like me whatever

30 Something Moms