30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
JasonsMom2007
Working on birthday parties *edit*
January 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My daughter will be 3 in April.  She can't decide what she wants to do for her birthday this year lol.  That's a work in progress.

Now my son who will be 6 in June knows exactly what he wants to do.  He wants a Six Flags birthday.  Like actually going to Six Flags.  So here's the plan.

Us (4)- have season passes

His friend's family (4)- can get in free with our bring a friend passes

SIL's family (3)- are getting season passes

my brother's family (2-4 depending on where the boys are)- their bring a friend passes.  Might have to buy one pass or have one pass extra

my bils might be getting passes.  If they do we will invite them and have 2 more bring a friend passes.  If my brother's boys are gone we will invite them and pay for 1 of them.

my parents have already offered to pay for themselves.

So that's 15-18 people depending on how it works out.  We might have to pay for 1 or 2 people but not many.

Oh and we will just have to make sure every car has someone with a free parking pass (my family has 4 of them)

Ok now this is where it gets complicated (because that was so simple right?)  We need somewhere to do cake and presents!  We were thinking about stopping at Chipotle on the way home.  But we would have to pay for all of these people yikes!  It would be about $9 for the adults and $3.50 for the kids.  5 kids-$15 and 10-13 adults-$90-$117.  I guess that's not too bad for that party with all of those people!

Leave it to my son to complicate things lol.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?

*edit*   We can't do anything in the park because there is no outside food allowed and we have food allergies.  We can take food in for those of us with allergies but we aren't supposed to for those without.  I wonder if maybe I could call them and get permission to take in some unfrosted cupcakes and a tub of frosting for the others?  There are 6 of us who are gluten free/sugar free/artificial everything free and they do not have a single thing in that park that can accomidate our dietary needs.

Because of this things like dairy queen or any cake served by a restaurant is not an option.  We have picky eaters and grain free people as well.  Chipotle is the only place we can think of that will meet all of our dietary needs.

Replies

• mybabytristan
    January 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    Don't they have a picnic area?
  • JasonsMom2007
    January 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

No outside food is allowed :(

Quoting mybabytristan:

Don't they have a picnic area?

• mybabytristan
    January 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    Do cake before you go...its in june a cake will melt in your car
  • JasonsMom2007
    January 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Good point.  Thanks.  I guess I could put cupcakes in an ice chest in the car.  Or do cake before.

Quoting mybabytristan:

• mybabytristan
    January 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    See if there is a place on the way to stop ...a restaurant that serves birthday cakes too. Let fam know you'll pay for cake and something to drink????

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Good point.  Thanks.  I guess I could put cupcakes in an ice chest in the car.  Or do cake before.

Quoting mybabytristan:

• countrymomma81
    January 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I'm doing the same thing. My daughter who will be 6 in April wants a Hello Kitty party. My son who will be 11 (OMG...already!) in September wants a Nerf party. 

Between my SIL and I we work on their parties all year long.

• JasonsMom2007
    January 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    we chose chipotle because they have options for everybody's dietary needs. I mean in this group there are 6 of us on gluten free/sugar free. there's not many places that cater to that. I'm going to make regular cupcakes for everyone else and brownies (with evaporated cane juice which we eat on special occasions) for the 6 of us.
    I mean if everybody would just pay for their own meal it wouldn't be an issue. honestly I don't even see most of them letting us pay for theirs because that's just the type of people they are. but I don't want to be rude and tell them they have to either!

Quoting mybabytristan:

See if there is a place on the way to stop ...a restaurant that serves birthday cakes too. Let fam know you'll pay for cake and something to drink????

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting mybabytristan:

• JasonsMom2007
    January 11, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    my dd had hello kitty last year. this year she wants Dora. I'm hoping to talk her into a clothes shopping spree with mommy and grandma instead of a party but so far it's not working :(

Quoting countrymomma81:

I'm doing the same thing. My daughter who will be 6 in April wants a Hello Kitty party. My son who will be 11 (OMG...already!) in September wants a Nerf party. 

Between my SIL and I we work on their parties all year long.

• Shaybay218
    January 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I have a birthday coming up for my daughter who turns 1 and i'm thinking of taking her to the ga aquarium...I have a daughter who turns 8 in April and one turns 14 in June...I need to start planning those as well

• tel4him
    by tel4him
    January 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Tell your son that Six Flags is his birthday party.  Bring a candle and lighter.  While you're there, buy him an ice cream cone to put it in and sing "Happy Birthday" with everyone gathered around.  Easy, peasy.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts