30 Something Moms

e-doolittle
Parental units
January 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Do you get along with your parents? Since my dad passed away, my mom and I can't seem to get it right. It's like he was the glue in our relationship

Replies

• Lindalou907
    January 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I had to keep my mom at arms length, she would get on my nerves! Now I really miss her, no one loves you like your mom.

• HeathersRich
    January 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My mom and get along pretty well but that is easy to do when you live a million miles away. I love her so much and talk to her every day. My dad on the other hand lives a million miles away and other then to discuss the football games I try and avoid him. 

• Marz31
    by Marz31
    January 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I get along with them great. they're also 2000 miles away, we talk on the phone. my dad is a "down to business" type, altho he gets a little goofy with my daughter, but he's not all mushy with me or my sisters.

• RutterMama
    January 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I have no idea if I would or not. They both died when I was 13.

• lalasmama2007
    January 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Yes, I get along with them both.

• hollydaze1974
    January 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Most of the time , tiffs here and there, but I am highly supported by both. Very rarely do I gripe ( but dad can be grating.... Has been all my life)
  • TableforSeven
    January 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I had a rocky, but mostly good, relationship with my mother.  She passed away in 2008. I have always been very close to my father and have a great relationship.

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    January 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    Yes we've always had a good relationship.
  • Knightquester
    January 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My mom and I get along great now.  We had a rough patch in the past when I was first starting my family.  I can't blame her given it couldn't have been easy cutting the parental strings and letting go of her only daughter.  We have an adult relationship now but it took some tough words said on both sides and understanding of where each other stood, and learning each others boundaries.

• monkeyrhea
    January 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Both of my parents are addicts so no. I hate my mother with a passion!!

30 Something Moms