30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
hollydaze1974
Okay, so I had to apologize to my tween son because...
January 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
My mom did the same thing i griped at him about!
I asked her please switch out the clothes from that washer to the dryer before she went to bed. I have always assumed that when someone asked you to put clothes in the dryer, there was the unspoken (and Turn. It. On.) implied.
Apparently i was misinformed, as my mothet did as my son did. She followed my request to the "T". She put the wet clothes in dryer. Done.

So i had to apologize to my tween who has been fussed at many times for the same thing *sigh*

Do actually have to SAY " and turn it on"? At your house?

Replies

• Peechi81
    January 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    This made me laugh. No, I don't have to say turn it on.
  • heatherh610
    January 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    I only have to say that to my son who gas an Aspergers diagnosis and is therefore very literal. Everyobe else would definitely tuen it on (even if I specifically ask them not to...).
  • GaleJ
    by GaleJ
    January 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Knowing my husband and son I would add the appropriate setting to my request, otherwise they would probably put it on high for the longest cycle, they tend to think that the longer you do something the better...well they only seem to think that when it would be inconvenient...lol!

• diaperstodating
    January 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    No I don't have to say "turn it on".
  • activitymode
    January 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    Um, no
  • hollydaze1974
    January 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    Yeah, well now there is a sign on the dryer door that says : And Turn It On, Please.

Quoting Peechi81:

This made me laugh. No, I don't have to say turn it on.
  • PISCIS29
    January 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    Sometimes but not really since my ds and dh shrunk a blouse. I'd rather just do it myself.
  • lexipooh78
    January 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I am not sure DH even knows where the washer and dryer are. I think he thinks his clean clothes magically appear in his closet. lol  DS who is 2 however will put the clothes in the dryer and turn it on. Unfortunately he also will put hot wheels in the dryer and turn it on.  :(

• VintageWife
    January 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

A grown woman is too old to have to be told to turn the clothes on once they're in the dryer o_O

• hollydaze1974
    January 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    True, but perhaps the holiday visit with my two and a half year old and tween while worrying about moving when she got back may have caused a mind fart. It was just a shame, my tween is the one to have pointed out. :-/

Quoting VintageWife:

A grown woman is too old to have to be told to turn the clothes on once they're in the dryer o_O

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN