30 Something Moms

Mommyof3hree
Just a question....
December 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Hey All! Happy Holidays!
I have a quick question, when should my two year
Old sleep in his toddler bed? He is 2 1/2 and very independant in some ways and still a baby in others. My daughter slept in a twin bed when she wad two because I had my middle son but she seemed to not be as adventurous as my two yr old is. I am worried that he will take a header down the steps. I don't have a gate because we are not allowed to put holes in our walls. What should I do? Should I put him in the bed? Or should I keep him in the crib? He has slept in the toddler bed for a nap or two but I was awake and able to run up and check on him constantly to see if he fell or whatever. Please get back to me asap. My husband and I are "duscussing" this now and it is almost bedtime... Thank You for all your help in advance!!

Replies

• carakitty
    December 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM

If he can climb out of the crib or disassemble it, then move him to the bed. There are pressure mount gates which you don't need to put holes in the walls for. Those were all we used and worked fine for us. When my DD switched to her bed, I had it positioned in a corner and against the wall then had a couple layers of blankets just in case she rolled out. You could also use bed rails. Good luck

• sondamom0828
    December 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM

They have baby gates that don't require holes in the wall.  You can place it in his doorway or the hall.

• Mommyof3hree
    December 24, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    Thank you both for your help! I really appreciate it! I went out to a 24 hour Wal Mart and bought a pressure gate. We were impressed how strong the gate was! For now on, he is sleeping in his toddler bed...♡:-)♡
  • erikadi
    by erikadi
    December 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I think you may need to lower the bed or put rails on the bed itself. You may want to wait until you can be sure he is safe or you can put the bed in a safer place.

• KylesMom409
    December 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    I agree.

Quoting erikadi:

I think you may need to lower the bed or put rails on the bed itself. You may want to wait until you can be sure he is safe or you can put the bed in a safer place.

• hopealways4019
    December 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    He can sleep in it right now.

30 Something Moms