30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
celticgodess
What is your sick policy?
November 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM

So I was trolling FB earlier and saw that my SIL had posted last night "I don't think I'll be doing store or cyber shopping at this rate. Been sick since Sunday. I can't keep anything down."  Now I love my SIL and her family dearly, but at the family gathering tomorrow is my 2 month old daughter and an aunt and uncle in poor health.  Not to mention my 3yo and her 2yo cousin, me who has been back to work one week off maternity leave, etc.  I texted her a little while ago to see how she was feeling and she said she had kept down chicken noodle soup so she planned to be there, but if the oldest (17) wasn't feeling better she would stay home.  That still leaves the 15 yo, 8 yo, and my dear BIL to bring theirso far symptomless germs into the house with the rest of us?!  What's your personal sick policy?  Do you call the hostess and ask?  Wait till you get there?  Just stay home?  It made me think of the time my DH ignorant friend brought his daughter to a gathering with my then 2 yo HOURS after she had been throwing up.  Seriously pissed that day.  In either case I don't think we should have to stay home, but at least give me the option by telling me ahead of time!

Replies

• snowangel1979
    November 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    My sick policy is I don't go if I or my children are sick.
    I hope that my family will not go.
    If they do go I chalk it up to a chance to build their immune system up.
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    We don't go if someone is sick and I haven't had an issue with anyone showing up sick
  • KylesMom409
    November 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    We don't take chances if we know someone is sick.
  • PurplePieguy
    November 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

We don't go if any of us are sick, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are always at our house. If any of us are sick I let my ILs know and leave it up to them whether or not they want to come. 

• mumsy2three
    November 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM

This~

Quoting KylesMom409:

We don't take chances if we know someone is sick.

• celticgodess
    November 22, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Another one of the girls got sick last night so they are staying home.  Bummed they won't be ther, but glad I don't have to worry about what sounds like a nasty stomach flu in my house (yes I know it can come from anywhere anytime)

Hey - I'm featured!  Happy Thankgiving to me!

• diaperstodating
    November 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My sick policy is I don't go if I am sick, or my kids are sick.

• Dabberdoo
    November 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Twenty four hours puke and vomit free is the rule here.  If I were hosting at my house, I would call everyone and tell them someone else would need to host.  I would not risk subjecting everyone else to our sickness, nor do I want my 8 member family to be exposed to their sickness.  Ever been in a house where the stomach flu is making rounds in 8 people?  Its not pretty and sometimes it goes around more than once.

• CrimsonRadiance
    November 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    We don't go if any of us have been sick within the past 24 hours.
  • Jynnifer292
    November 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

If someone in my family is sick, they stay home. However, I wouldn't make the rest of my family stay home if they appear healthy. I have had one kid get sick and not the other. If I had a baby and knew that someone that was going to be there was sick with more than a cold, I would stay home.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN