30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Proud.mama.of2
has anybody heard
November 21, 2012 at 4:36 AM
about Walmart going on strike on black Friday? i just heard the tail end of it today on the news but don't really know what's going on.

Replies

• 3dragonflies
    November 21, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Sorry, I have not heard anything to that effect.  Geez if every one goes on strike , where will we shop?  So sad :(

• CampClan
    November 21, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Sorry, I have not heard anything to that effect.  Geez if every one goes on strike , where will we shop?  So sad :(

Sarcastic?? Cuz I HATE Wal-Mart & avoid going there at all costs! I prefer Target. And this year I am going to Giant Eagle, getting Visa gift cards to save $$ on gas & then using them to shop online Cyber Monday.

• HarleyMom4599
    November 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    I think I just heard on the morning news that a judge told them they can't do it.
  • Looneyfarmmom
    November 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I haven't heard anything about it in Idaho. But then again Idaho is a right to work state so I can see Walmart firing a ton of people and putting on a job fair. 

• mommybug77
    November 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Yep- hope they realize being non union they are pretty much giving up their jobs more than likely.
  • 3dragonflies
    November 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I was not trying to be sarcastc.  Just lately everyone is going on strike, it is just crazy.  It's not like I'm a big shopper of Walmart or anything, I only go there for a few things.  What is Giant Eagle? never heard of them.

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Sarcastic?? Cuz I HATE Wal-Mart & avoid going there at all costs! I prefer Target. And this year I am going to Giant Eagle, getting Visa gift cards to save $$ on gas & then using them to shop online Cyber Monday.

• diaperstodating
    November 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM

A grocery store.

Quoting 3dragonflies:

I was not trying to be sarcastc.  Just lately everyone is going on strike, it is just crazy.  It's not like I'm a big shopper of Walmart or anything, I only go there for a few things.  What is Giant Eagle? never heard of them.

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

• CampClan
    November 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    Wow... guess I thought Giant Eagle was all over. Well then again... I guess I also figured cafemom was for the USA & now I know it's not.

Giant Eagle is a grocery store chain. For every so much you spend in groceries you save a percentage off in gas there. They also sell prepaid Visa gift cards. Tthe more you buy the more yyou save (I swear I think that's even part of the commercial! LOL). I have a friend who has filled up his Ford F150 for free several times this fall! And when you purchase gas you save on food too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

• 3dragonflies
    November 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Oh nice!  I live on the east coast and I have never heard of them. My family also drives across country for our vacations and I have never noticed a Giant Eagle, will have to keep my eye out for it.

Quoting CampClan:

Wow... guess I thought Giant Eagle was all over. Well then again... I guess I also figured cafemom was for the USA & now I know it's not.

Giant Eagle is a grocery store chain. For every so much you spend in groceries you save a percentage off in gas there. They also sell prepaid Visa gift cards. Tthe more you buy the more yyou save (I swear I think that's even part of the commercial! LOL). I have a friend who has filled up his Ford F150 for free several times this fall! And when you purchase gas you save on food too!

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting 3dragonflies:

• Quinn525
    November 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    Walmart workers has been on strike for awhile due to the low wages they offer.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts