30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
lovemymd
Why?
November 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I'm happily married to a wonderful husband with 2 beautiful sons. My husband has a secure job we don't have to worry about finances. I feel very bless for what i have and i thank God every day. However, I am not at peace for example I constantly worry about things that I can't control such as death or one day my happy family falls apart for whatever reason. Pls share /advice thanks

Replies

• lovemymd
    November 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    Bump
  • lovemymd
    November 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    Bump
  • Sarah993
    November 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    Not sure why people do but I know I have a huge fear of death, as in having mini panic attacks or not able to sleep because of my fear of it. I've been like this for as long as I can remember.
  • JasonsMom2007
    November 19, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I was talking to someone one day and what she said really struck home.  When everything is great and there is nothing to worry about women will find something because we thrive on pressure and stress.  Maybe since you don't have anything to worry about you are just looking for something?  We women are go getters and fixers!  What do you do with nothing to fix?  Look for something lol.

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    November 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    The more you have, the more you have to lose. The fear of going from having it all to having nothing at all is a reasonable concern.
  • SlightlyPerfect
    November 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I think you're dealing with a contradiction in your belief system. On one hand, you believe there is a god and an afterlife. On the other, I think you really know neither exists, and when you're dead, you're dead. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. And then you imagine your body actually being toe-tagged, being dead, and then decomposing, etc.

My advice is to reconcile the contradiction. Figure out what you actually believe (if anything; I can tell you that I don't believe anything, I just accept the reality and finality of my own mortality), and then stop avoiding the existential anxiety you're feeling when you think about your own (or others') death. Just sit with it and work through it each time you experience it. You're going to die. It's inevitable. Everyone we love will die.

If you work through it rather than avoid it each time it comes up, it becomes accepted.

• kyledavidsmom
    November 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I agree with this

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I was talking to someone one day and what she said really struck home.  When everything is great and there is nothing to worry about women will find something because we thrive on pressure and stress.  Maybe since you don't have anything to worry about you are just looking for something?  We women are go getters and fixers!  What do you do with nothing to fix?  Look for something lol.

• tiredmomma35
    November 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    Praise God everyday for what he blessed you with. Give God your worries.
  • tiredmomma35
    November 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    I am in the Christian mom's group, I recommend you join, they give wonderful advice and don't judge.
  • lovemymd
    November 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    Bump

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN