30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
armywildcat
Secret Santa
November 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I wanna do something special for the kids that are less fortunate this holiday season. To others it may seem weird, but you have to put yourself in others shoes. What if you could not afford to get your kids anything for XMAS this year?  I've been there, done that. Where would you turn? I decided to go to a low income neighborhood in the city that I live in and become Mrs. Claus. I want to purchase gender and age specific toys for the children. I thought that I would help the parents by giving them one toy for each child in their household.  The ages will range from newborn- 12 years of age. Its cold here in Arkansas, so I was goig to buy a few winter outfits and let them choose whether they wanted clothes or toys. Once again gender specific. What do you guys think? Good idea huh? The only problem is that I have not raised enough to complete my task. I was trying to getthe neighborhood to donate to my Secret Santa but haven't gotten any donors yet. Any ideas.

Replies

• sunflowers12
    November 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM

yeah, i hear ya i do this or try to many years we have been in the less fortunate bracket more then i wish we were.. but never the less no matter how tight things are i do try to buy one boy/girl item or baby item gender either and put it in the bucket.. the world doesn't end at our noses and its important to remember that all the time not just once a year!! 

babiers for girls and some type of cars thing for boys:)goodbabies activity toys..

• LivinDeadGurl
    November 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM

BUMP!

• hopealways4019
    November 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    Bless your heart! Your a rare kind, unselfish, thinking about the less fortune during the holidays. That's the true meaning of christmas. You might want to put a free ad out, asking for donations? If you cant get any help, think about donating what you can to a homeless shelter, to a school in an impoverish area. Just look up in your area, organization that accept christmas donations.
  • XVAmomma
    November 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    I am already involve in bringing xmas to a family plus helping out my 2 cousins; so I can't donate. You can speak to stores managers or visit bazars and see if any of the booth owners will donate. One item per person adds up. When you go be sure to have specifics: we need x amount of items for girls ages newborn to 1 yr, x for boys same category, x for girls ages 2-4 and x for boys same...and so on. Then split you blessings by family if let say the Smith have 3 kids 1baby girl, 1 3yr/o boy and a 10 yr old girl then give baby a bow or a warm blanket, boy a ball and the 10 yrs old girl a doll.

You can also get together with few friends and get slightly use treasures that can become blessings for this kids.
  • mommybug77
    November 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    Good luck
  • rhoopes
    by rhoopes
    November 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

what ages do you have a lot of stuff for now. I would like to maybe send you a box with something for each gender/age group, that you don't have a lot of. Let me know! :)

• diaperstodating
    November 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Bump

• KylesMom409
    November 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I agree.  :)

Quoting hopealways4019:

Bless your heart! Your a rare kind, unselfish, thinking about the less fortune during the holidays. That's the true meaning of christmas. You might want to put a free ad out, asking for donations? If you cant get any help, think about donating what you can to a homeless shelter, to a school in an impoverish area. Just look up in your area, organization that accept christmas donations.

• signingmama2915
    November 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    That's a great idea. I am a parent that may not be able to buy anything for.my kids and I can tell you it's the worst feeling in the world. Im sure everyone you help will be extremely grateful. Try posting up flyers about what you're doing at grocery stores, colleges, community centers, and volunteer centers to try and get donors and others to support you.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts