November 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Christmas cards every year?

Replies

• countrymomma81
    November 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am Southern. Any excuse to purchase and send pretty stationary, I am all over. 

So am I and that statement couldn't be further from the truth for me....lol.

I love stationary.  It is my addiction. 

I used to when I was in school. And then I realized I had no use for it. It doesn't help that I have arthritis in my hands. It hurts to write. 

• Bigmetalchicken
    November 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am Southern. Any excuse to purchase and send pretty stationary, I am all over. 

I used to when I was in school. And then I realized I had no use for it. It doesn't help that I have arthritis in my hands. It hurts to write. 

One of my best friends owns a stationary shop. Another one is a papermaker.  I even do the cards thanking people for visiting our church.  Any excuse to buy and write and mail things, I totally use.  Plus, my grandma was the same way, and if you did not send her a thank you card for a gift, she would not give you another good gift. I am the only one of her grandchildren the lesson stuck with though. lol

• countrymomma81
    November 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

One of my best friends owns a stationary shop. Another one is a papermaker.  I even do the cards thanking people for visiting our church.  Any excuse to buy and write and mail things, I totally use.  Plus, my grandma was the same way, and if you did not send her a thank you card for a gift, she would not give you another good gift. I am the only one of her grandchildren the lesson stuck with though. lol

Well no wonder you have a love of paper...lol. And it's a good lesson your grandmother taught you. I, on the other hand, did not know what a Thank You card was until I bought my wedding etiquette book:(

• kourtneya
    November 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    No, don't have anyone to send one to.
  • AmyG1976
    November 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM

yes

photo cards of the kids need to make that appointment in fact...

• SuperPickle
    November 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

yep! I need to get on those.

• KeimUNCmomof3
    November 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM

No

• Firewoman33
    November 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I did when I was single. I have the best of intentions every year. Does that count? 

• LovinLife81
    November 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I do since we are always in a different country. Our families love them.

• Firewoman33
    November 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Eh, I didn't know about Thank You cards either until I was older. Frankly I think they are a wast e of trees. Unless I received the gift through the mail or through some other party then an in person thank you is what you get. I don't like receiving them either. I bought you a gift because I wanted to, not because I needed excessive amounts of praise and thanks. A simple thank upon receiving/opening the gift is enough. 

Climbing off my soapbox now. lol

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well no wonder you have a love of paper...lol. And it's a good lesson your grandmother taught you. I, on the other hand, did not know what a Thank You card was until I bought my wedding etiquette book:(

30 Something Moms