November 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Christmas cards every year?

Replies

• countrymomma81
    November 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am Southern. Any excuse to purchase and send pretty stationary, I am all over. 

So am I and that statement couldn't be further from the truth for me....lol.

I love stationary.  It is my addiction. 

I used to when I was in school. And then I realized I had no use for it. It doesn't help that I have arthritis in my hands. It hurts to write. 

• Bigmetalchicken
    November 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am Southern. Any excuse to purchase and send pretty stationary, I am all over. 

I used to when I was in school. And then I realized I had no use for it. It doesn't help that I have arthritis in my hands. It hurts to write. 

One of my best friends owns a stationary shop. Another one is a papermaker.  I even do the cards thanking people for visiting our church.  Any excuse to buy and write and mail things, I totally use.  Plus, my grandma was the same way, and if you did not send her a thank you card for a gift, she would not give you another good gift. I am the only one of her grandchildren the lesson stuck with though. lol

• countrymomma81
    November 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

One of my best friends owns a stationary shop. Another one is a papermaker.  I even do the cards thanking people for visiting our church.  Any excuse to buy and write and mail things, I totally use.  Plus, my grandma was the same way, and if you did not send her a thank you card for a gift, she would not give you another good gift. I am the only one of her grandchildren the lesson stuck with though. lol

Well no wonder you have a love of paper...lol. And it's a good lesson your grandmother taught you. I, on the other hand, did not know what a Thank You card was until I bought my wedding etiquette book:(

• kourtneya
    November 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    No, don't have anyone to send one to.
  • AmyG1976
    November 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM

yes

photo cards of the kids need to make that appointment in fact...

• SuperPickle
    November 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

yep! I need to get on those.

• KeimUNCmomof3
    November 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM

No

• Firewoman33
    November 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I did when I was single. I have the best of intentions every year. Does that count? 

• LovinLife81
    November 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I do since we are always in a different country. Our families love them.

• Firewoman33
    November 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Eh, I didn't know about Thank You cards either until I was older. Frankly I think they are a wast e of trees. Unless I received the gift through the mail or through some other party then an in person thank you is what you get. I don't like receiving them either. I bought you a gift because I wanted to, not because I needed excessive amounts of praise and thanks. A simple thank upon receiving/opening the gift is enough. 

Climbing off my soapbox now. lol

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well no wonder you have a love of paper...lol. And it's a good lesson your grandmother taught you. I, on the other hand, did not know what a Thank You card was until I bought my wedding etiquette book:(

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN