30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Looneyfarmmom
Kid's say the darnedest things
November 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM

"My Mom can belch louder than any guy!" 

Thanks child that is exactly what I wanted to be known for in the PTA. 

Anyone else? What has your children said?

Replies

• Firewoman33
    November 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM

So I wake ds(5) up this morning and tell him to come down to breakfast. He asks what we are having and I say toaster waffles and fruit. Then he tells me he wants breakfast in bed because he's not in the mood to go downstairs and eat breakfast. Oh, and also make him some eggs, please. 

I of course laugh and tell him he's eating downstairs. So, then he says ok you can make me eggs and homemade apple pie and turns over in bed and stretches as if that is the end of the conversation. 

I CAN make him eggs and apple pie. Lucky me. 

So I laugh again and tell him breakfast is in 5 minutes and I expect to see him downstairs to eat it. Oh and I'm not making you apple pie. 

• Flightymom
    November 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Oh, where do I begin.  Most recently my son (5) started singing the "knick knack paddywhack" song during the silent prayer in church.  When I leaned over and whispered for him to be quiet he replied,  "But Mommy, I AM singing QUIETLY, see?"

• Looneyfarmmom
    November 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Since my son has turned six years old my husband said it was important that Tomas knew gun safety. Almost every house has a gun in Idaho and my husband wasn't taking chances of him making friends with a kid whose parents were idiot owners leaving the gun out. So my husband took him to classes and such to talk to him about gun safety and how dangerous guns are. My son's doctor is giving me lectures of gun safety and I turn and tell her that we know and my son has been in classes for this so he is aware that he shouldn't be playing with them or near them. What does my son do? He makes a gun with his hand and goes, "Yeah you don't do this!" He proceeds to turn his hand around and point the barrel finger at his face and pretend to shoot himself in the head. Okay!!! Time for more gun safety classes! Way to prove Mommy wrong. 

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts