30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Looneyfarmmom
Birthing plan
November 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

7 years ago when I gave birth to my son I had this birthing plan that I was going to do everything natural and have this awesome pregnancy and birth. Boy did my son decide differently! Nothing went my way and I ended up with the completely opposite experience. I think this time I am just going to chuck the whole birthing plan. What do you think? Birthing plans, yes or no?

Replies

• Paradys
    by Paradys
    November 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    I believe in birth plans because they make sure your wishes are known and met (if possible)
  • OHgirlinCA
    November 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    I didn't have a birthing plan. I went with the flow and made decisions as I went.
  • lalasmama2007
    November 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Same here...

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I didn't have a birthing plan. I went with the flow and made decisions as I went.

• AllofFive19
    November 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I still would. Sometimes things happen so that not everything on your birthing plan happens, but it's a general guideline, not a list of rules.

For example, if you don't want an episiotomy, they won't do it unless they feel it's extremely necessary. Or that's the way it's supposed to work.

• Looneyfarmmom
    November 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

My son almost ended up being a c-section because my hips couldn't take it and I ended up with a epidural. My best friends says it is because I jinxed myself lol. So instead I explained to my doctor about the last situation and made plans to have the baby in a hospital that is better equipped for emergency situations just in case things don't go the way I want. I told her, "Watch me have the best birth ever!"

• Looneyfarmmom
    November 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

What I mean is this time around I came into this pregnancy expecting the same thing I had with my son and this pregnancy is like night and day. My son was a very hard pregnancy and this time around it is surprisingly easy. I keep expecting it to jump out at me at any time and attack but so far nothing. So I don't know what to expect this time around. I voiced my concerns to my doctor and we talked about the possibilities. She is an awesome doctor and listens to me very well. But as far as a written birthing plan I think I have pretty much chucked the idea because I seriously have no idea what to expect this time.

• jillbailey26
    November 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I had three and didn't have a birthing plan.  The first two, the plan was *get an epidural and push that boy out* (both were boys).  Our youngest (girl) had her own agenda.  I had severe preeclampsia and had to deliver, by c-section, at 30 weeks.  

• lisa601
    by lisa601
    November 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    I didn't have one with either of mine. My dr and I were on the same page about everything.
  • Looneyfarmmom
    November 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I am agreeing with both Lisa and Jillbailey. I am going with a general idea of what I want and going with the flow this time. 

• ambercates
    November 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    I didn't have a birth plan with my sons other than I knew I wanted an epidural!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN