30 Something Moms

MistyandZoesMom
Separation & Move
Amy
November 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Earlier this year my dh and I separated. We are now on the path to divorce.  Last week my daughters and I moved into a temporary home (short-term rental) since our family's house is being sold this week (a small miracle!).  We are in the midst of starting a permanent househunt while also finding our way in this new world.  Additionally, I have returned to the full-time work force.  

I am wondering if anyone else has gone through this recently or may be now.  It is the sort of experience I feel perplexed by on regular occasion and one for which I know it is impossible to prepare.

Replies

• mynewlife2012
    November 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    I am in a similar situation. My dh and I separated two months ago. Because if this my DD has started preschool full time and is being shuffled back and forth every other weekend. How are your little ones coping with all the changes?
  • MistyandZoesMom
    Amy
    November 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Quoting mynewlife2012:

I am in a similar situation. My dh and I separated two months ago. Because if this my DD has started preschool full time and is being shuffled back and forth every other weekend. How are your little ones coping with all the changes?

This has been very hard on all of us.  Because of the nature of our separation, my daughters live with me full-time and have only seen him a few times for very short visits.  Counseling has been a tremendous help as well.  I know that time is needed to begin to move forward.

30 Something Moms