30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
back40mama
How many of you do not Facebook?
October 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I'm not a Face book user. Anymore that is. Are there any of you that do not use and why.

Replies

• tbarnes895
    October 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    I've never used it and neither has my SO we think they can cause too many problems between couples and to be honest I keep in touch with all the people I care to personally.

• back40mama
    October 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

That's the exact reason my Husband and I don't use it as well. I find too that their is so much imaturity on it and talk about the trash. Great to see we aren't alone!

• nodramamama311
    October 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    Facebook is what you make it. If you are immature or have immature friends on there then that's what it will be for you. I love Facebook. I do not live near any family or friends, and yes I do call them regularly, and with Facebook I get to see pictures and videos of all my loved ones all the time. And sure there are people who like to cause problems, but you know what, I've deleted them or hid them from my page and problem solved.
    If some social media network causes issues between you and your spouse then you guys had problems already. I really can't stand it when people blame Facebook or texting for their relationship problems, that, to me, shows immaturity. Just my 2 cents.

Quoting back40mama:

That's the exact reason my Husband and I don't use it as well. I find too that their is so much imaturity on it and talk about the trash. Great to see we aren't alone!

• ChancesMommy07
    October 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    My husband and I have been on Facebook since it was just for college students. I've always thought the argument that it causes problems in relationships is ridiculous. If social networking sites cause problems in your relationship it wasn't that strong to begin with.
  • back40mama
    October 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hey now; no one here said that was the reason for not using. Let's not jump to conclusions. I don't live near any of my family or friends' either. I prefer to go about it the old fashioned way.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Facebook is what you make it. If you are immature or have immature friends on there then that's what it will be for you. I love Facebook. I do not live near any family or friends, and yes I do call them regularly, and with Facebook I get to see pictures and videos of all my loved ones all the time. And sure there are people who like to cause problems, but you know what, I've deleted them or hid them from my page and problem solved.
    If some social media network causes issues between you and your spouse then you guys had problems already. I really can't stand it when people blame Facebook or texting for their relationship problems, that, to me, shows immaturity. Just my 2 cents.

Quoting back40mama:

• nodramamama311
    October 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    I wasn't trying to imply thats why you personally didn't use it but Chancesmommy used that reference so I wanted to speak on that. Was that the right screen name?

Anyway I'm sorry I made it sound like that towards you, was not my intention.

Quoting back40mama:

Hey now; no one here said that was the reason for not using. Let's not jump to conclusions. I don't live near any of my family or friends' either. I prefer to go about it the old fashioned way.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting back40mama:

• mrsary
    by mrsary
    October 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Closed my FB 2 months ago & don't plan to open it back up. I am not into knowing what's going on in others lives.
  • Roxygurl
    October 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    I had Facebook and I guess technically I still do I just haven't logged in in several months.

Back in march I miscarried and my boyfriend left me all in the same week. People were posting things about getting pregnant and getting married and I just couldn't take it so I logged off and never logged back on.
  • ChancesMommy07
    October 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    Nope wasn't me. I think if Facebook causes problems then those problems were already there.

Quoting nodramamama311:

I wasn't trying to imply thats why you personally didn't use it but Chancesmommy used that reference so I wanted to speak on that. Was that the right screen name?

Quoting back40mama:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting back40mama:

• nodramamama311
    October 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    Wow, I completely misread your original reply, I'm sorry. I haven't been awake very long, maybe I should have given myself a few minutes before going off on a rant...lol

Sorry ladies

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Nope wasn't me. I think if Facebook causes problems then those problems were already there.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting back40mama:

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting back40mama:

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts