30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
christina259
Does a dirty house bother u?
October 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I'm just trying to figure out why I get so grouchy about it. I've just had our third child. Dh has been great. He's been buying groceries and cooking supper.  when I first got home he told ds, who is 16 to make sure I don't do any work and they tried to clean it before I got home from the hospital.I appreciate that they thought to do that. I was a bit surprised and really happy. yay! just focus on baby and spending time with dh and the kids. Of course I hadn't taken into account that the mess don't bother them. Even the gross things that need to be done. I end up doing the cleaning in between marathon breast feeding sessions (our new little man wants to nurse non stop it seems, the minute I pull him off the breast he wails. i've become his pacifier,lol. so its hard to get much done and my mood gets in the dumps....hormones maybe) Anyway, I love that dh is there helping out so much but man the mess that accumulates. He changes the diapers but leaves them layng in the floor. cooks breakfast but the dishes, food and garbage sits on the counter all day, ds and dd, make there messes all over the house and then when i am finally able to get to cleaning, I'm so grouchy about it because all I want is a shower but instead I'm cleaning up stuff that has accumulated because no one picks up behind themselves. Then I feel bad for being such a grouch over it because dh has been so sweet to me, helping with the baby and what not. he even bought my fav. chocolates and some chai latte coffee to go with it just to do something nice for me. they just simply don't see the nastiness i guess. i have to ask myself why a messy house bothers me so much. i feel so uneasy in it. u can't find what u need and i like to have dishes in the cabinets when i want a drink or something i suppose. not to mention, dirty diapers and yesterdays meals sitting on the counter, garbage cans over full is a bit on the too nasty sidefor me. that goes beyond just clutter. dh is a clutter bug too but i can deal with that...kind of,lol. I'm the opposite. I love my countertops cleared off. would u be bothered by that kind of mess or do i need to take a chill pill and realize i just had a baby, am nursing around the clock an just let the mess go. asking dh to do it seems to make him feel like i don't appreciate what he is already doing. he's on leave from work so its not like he's going to work, then coming home and doing the home stuff. i don't mind cleaning but doing the cleaning in between the breastfeeding while dh still has hours on the comp. has kind of turned into a dissappointment. I really thought I was going to have some house help. Maybe I'm being ungrateful. Hopefully not. I need to figure out why I get so ticked off over darn housework.

Replies

• chinosruca
    October 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    I can handle clutter in my home (not out of control hoarder action) but hate a dirty house. Dirt, grime & germs irritate me. Mess (laundry on the floor, beds unmade, toys all over) does not phase me. When I was nursing and tired all the time.....I hated anything in my way! It was a different me
    My husband is opposite. He hates clutter. He was raised by hoarders and freaks out at clutter.
  • Nenasam
    by Nenasam
    October 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    Yep, I'm a clean freak.
  • MamaJAG
    by MamaJAG
    October 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

A clean freak I am NOT, especially with 3 little boys.  However, I think it is okay for you to expect them to clean up after themselves.  We clean up after every meal, we would throw away dirty diapers, things like that.  Mild clutter is passable, tossing everything that comes through the door onto the counter is not.  And someone should be able to handle the 60 second it takes to take out the trash.  

• ticklesurpickle
    October 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Not in the least bit...I mean hoarders dirty, yes. But just plain ole dirty, dishes in the sink, clothes thrown about, nope. It'll get done eventually.

• e-doolittle
    October 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quoting chinosruca:

I can handle clutter in my home (not out of control hoarder action) but hate a dirty house. Dirt, grime & germs irritate me. Mess (laundry on the floor, beds unmade, toys all over) does not phase me. When I was nursing and tired all the time.....I hated anything in my way! It was a different me

My husband is opposite. He hates clutter. He was raised by hoarders and freaks out at clutter.
  • GLO682
    by GLO682
    October 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    A dirty messy house gives me anxiety. Lol I am not an over the top clean freak but I do freak out when things Are just chaotic lol
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    October 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    NOT ANY MORE..NOW IF ITS SO MESSY I CANT WALK AND IT STINKS THAN YEA..BUT LITTLE DIRTY NO..BATH ROOM HAS TO BE CLEAN .
  • BuckeyezRule
    October 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    Quoting ticklesurpickle:

Not in the least bit...I mean hoarders dirty, yes. But just plain ole dirty, dishes in the sink, clothes thrown about, nope. It'll get done eventually.

Ha ha, this is me too. :)
  • blessedmom1978
    October 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It ued to upset me but now I don't get as upset about having a dirty house.

• nodramamama311
    October 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    That would irritate me too, if you can clean up fully with kids, then surely they can do it too. I'm sick of being the only one who knows what to do.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts