30 Something Moms

sheri305
What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong
October 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM

?

Replies

• Twisties34
    October 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    That because I work from home part-time I'm not working when I'm home. And that as they are family I should fix their computers for nothing
  • Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    October 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Ha, depends for what ...

Quoting tnnikkij:

Will u please come help me with my DDs? :)

Quoting Jinxed8:

we all get mis-judged a LOT !  I am the best example of never judge a book by it's cover.

People I meet through work either assume I own the company I work for, or people who don't know me from work would never assume I am an executive for a multi million dollar company.  (I don't do the business suit attire, ever)

I have been told I come off rude / snob until they get to know me.

People would also never guess that I have major "martha stewart tendencies" like baking from scratch, themed birthday cakes, canning, arts & crafts, cooking up storms,  scrapbooking and frankly I'm really really good at it too.  I am anal retentive about my DD's birthday parties always trying to make them perfect and out-do them every year.

• bolz08
    by bolz08
    October 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

that i'm conservative...married young with lots of babies close together:)  and i drive a mini van...

• mcbrookie92
    October 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    Whn i cleaned people's houses i had an elderly lady ask me if i liked girls cuz i was wearing gym shorts and a t shirt. When she found out i was an unwed straight mother she was.flabbergasted. i just laughed. I get that a lot but dont care.
  • nanasprozac
    October 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM

alot of people assume that because I use/need a scooter in stores its because I am fat and lazy...they are right to a degree ...I am fat because I am not able to exercise..my back is a total mess...I have had I think 19 surgeries on it...you tend to lose track after awhile...I have lost the feeling in my feet so I cant walk...anything that I put in my mouth goes to storage because I will never be able to do something to take the weight off...but I cant very well wear a poster that says why I am this way and just look away when I hear people talk to me offensive or give me a dirty look......

• signingmama2915
    October 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That I am a great mom and wife, really I am a screw up that tries real hard

• Collier3
    October 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I have had ppl assume that I am a bad mom, that I party a lot bc of my tats...oh and that I am stupid  and have no skills since I am a SAHM.. truth is that I have a wonderful husband who lets me stay home with our wonderful DD.

• sheri305
    October 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Quoting Leeleeayati:

That am strong,unemotional,materialistic n independant. When actually am very emotional but keeps it locked up cus I bruise easily! And I love working for wht I want,but hate not having money! N I appear strong but need a hug n a shoulder to lean on most times cuz I realy don't wanna be strong! Lol! Do I make any sense??

Yes,lol

30 Something Moms