Featured Posts
sheri305
What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong
October 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM

?

Replies

• OttawaHoney
    October 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Lol, the accent thing is hilarious! Maybe somewhere way, way back you have a Jamaican relative and I have an Arab relative, lol.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

For me its very weird because I traveled,but never lived anywhere other than Florida,and people always think im from NewYork,saying I sound like a Newyorker,whatever that mean,lol,or from Bahamas or Jamaica,saying I have those features and that I have an accent,*shrugs*,lol

• OHgirlinCA
    October 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    That I'm a dumb blonde.
  • faire_jour

That I don't believe in God because I am extremely politically left, have a dyed black mohawk, wear "goth" clothes and makeup, enjoy alternative music, and have piercings. I've actually been married for 13 years, have a child and am extremely active in my extremely conservative church.

• Hectictracy
    That I am ALWAYS happy. I'm not. I have my bad days. I just don't broadcast it to everybody.
  • jynkx
    by jynkx

mine too...

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

• lovemysnugbugs
    October 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Same here. I wish I was more outgoing, but I'm just not.

Quoting BrooklynsMom11:

That Im snooty because I dont talk much. Im just super shy.
  • 1L2CMommy
    I don't think I get wrong assumptions, but I think some people are surprised by how good I am at starting and carrying a conversation. I'm comfortable with every type of person. I don't have a problem being in small groups of strangers. I look people in the eye when I talk to them. I smile. I ask open ended questions, and I'm pretty good with the one liners. I usually can get a giggle during most conversations.
    DH and I visited some friends of his recently that I had never met. Of course the guys all took off to shoot pool in another part of the house. So I was alone with 3 women I had never met before. They were surprised that I didn't follow DH to the pool table, and that we were all so comfortable together. They were wonderful, friendly people but I get that comment alot. I'm just awesome like that!! Lol!!
  • LoveMyBoyK
    The only thing I can think of is that people assume I am a Christian, I guess because the majority in the US are so a lot of people just assume everybody around them is one too.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    Iv heard that I'm a snob but honestly I'm just very shy and awkward around people .
    That I'm a goody goody cause I made decent grades and got along with my teachers.
  • klespeedy0205
    October 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    That I'm so strong. I just put on a good front.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN