30 Something Moms

sheri305
What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong
October 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM

?

Replies

• OttawaHoney
    October 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Lol, the accent thing is hilarious! Maybe somewhere way, way back you have a Jamaican relative and I have an Arab relative, lol.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

For me its very weird because I traveled,but never lived anywhere other than Florida,and people always think im from NewYork,saying I sound like a Newyorker,whatever that mean,lol,or from Bahamas or Jamaica,saying I have those features and that I have an accent,*shrugs*,lol

• OHgirlinCA
    October 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    That I'm a dumb blonde.
  • faire_jour

That I don't believe in God because I am extremely politically left, have a dyed black mohawk, wear "goth" clothes and makeup, enjoy alternative music, and have piercings. I've actually been married for 13 years, have a child and am extremely active in my extremely conservative church.

• Hectictracy
    That I am ALWAYS happy. I'm not. I have my bad days. I just don't broadcast it to everybody.
  • jynkx
    by jynkx

mine too...

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

• lovemysnugbugs
    October 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Same here. I wish I was more outgoing, but I'm just not.

Quoting BrooklynsMom11:

That Im snooty because I dont talk much. Im just super shy.
  • 1L2CMommy
    I don't think I get wrong assumptions, but I think some people are surprised by how good I am at starting and carrying a conversation. I'm comfortable with every type of person. I don't have a problem being in small groups of strangers. I look people in the eye when I talk to them. I smile. I ask open ended questions, and I'm pretty good with the one liners. I usually can get a giggle during most conversations.
    DH and I visited some friends of his recently that I had never met. Of course the guys all took off to shoot pool in another part of the house. So I was alone with 3 women I had never met before. They were surprised that I didn't follow DH to the pool table, and that we were all so comfortable together. They were wonderful, friendly people but I get that comment alot. I'm just awesome like that!! Lol!!
  • LoveMyBoyK
    The only thing I can think of is that people assume I am a Christian, I guess because the majority in the US are so a lot of people just assume everybody around them is one too.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    Iv heard that I'm a snob but honestly I'm just very shy and awkward around people .
    That I'm a goody goody cause I made decent grades and got along with my teachers.
  • klespeedy0205
    October 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    That I'm so strong. I just put on a good front.

30 Something Moms