I am lucky to work on a company that coworkers act like family. We get invitations for birthdays, weddings, graduations and when I say we I mean the whole company. And I'm not talking about a bulletin board invite but a actual personalized invitation. And if for whatever reason you don't go then next morning everyone will ask if you were sick.
Well I had been able to avoid kids parties because I didn't had one till 3 month ago but now it feels like we get an invite for a kid related party every week.
Next one is a 4yrs old birthday party for a boy that pretty much has everything he needs and a good amount of what he wants. The kid is well behave and educated. But I love him because he is a charmer. If I give him an empty box as a birthday present he will thank me for the air and he really means it!
Even so I am stumped when it comes to ideas for a present. So what can I give a 4 yrs old that enjoys music and soccer but has an iPod (his father loves apple and pass on his old toys to his son every time he gets a new one) and all gear necessary for soccer?
What is a good birthday present any 4yrs old boy would enjoy?
Creativeout of the box ideas are appreciated!
****Since you gave me so many good ideas I decided to run them by his dad...after all it is his parents that know him best. I found out that:
1. he still doesn't get the gift card concept so if get it he will place it on his wallet "like daddys credit cards" but won't allow anyone to use them. To the boy the card is the gift and it has no actual value.
2. He doesn't know any super hero. Dad isn't fond of them and he will now join school. His soccer team focus on soccer and asks parents to keep any other "toy" at home.
3. He doesn't like legos but loves trucks. Apparently trucks are great because he can fit stuff on them but when it comes to building things he still not big on it.
4. He loves movies and cartoons and could sit for hours if parents allow him watching Tom & Jerry.
5.He loves books. Dad says he gots secret stach of books in each room. He thinks that it started because whenever mom wanted to get him out of the room for a couple of minutes would say "If you go find a book mom will read it to you" he outsmarted mom and started placing books in each room. I find this hillarious!
6. His favorite toy is Mr. Potatoe Head.
So, since this is for Saturday I might not have enough time but if I am able I'll make him a pillow mattress with a Mr. Potatoe Head pillow to velcro parts and all. If I can't find the time to make it I'll get him a movie - Tom & Jerry - and make a movie box pop corn, candy, juice box.
Thanks for all your help mommas! I will keep your ideas at hand for future gifts as I know there will be tons to follow.
You can create your own character and have options for customizing the storyline for your very own comic book or poster. He recently had his 5th birthday and he still plays with this regularly. I now get it for all kids I know in this age group. I couldn't even tell you how many comic books and characters he's created.