30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
Red_Kitten
Hairstyles for Long Hair
October 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM

It's a little old fashioned, but I like to wear my hair up at work.  I sort of like the idea that my hubby gets dibs on seeing my long hair down.  I like to try to keep it cute and trendy, but I'm looking for ideas!  How do you wear your updo?  Are pigtails out of the question?  My hubby loves them, but I haven't had the guts to show up for work sporting them yet. I manage an office that we've dubbed the dress code 'business very casual'.

Replies

• lalasmama2007
    October 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    I'm no help with suggestions, but I think pigtails would be a little too casual for the office.
  • momof3_dll
    October 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    I like doing a side dutch braid in mine. Or just a fishtail braid. Braids and messy buns or sock buns are usually what I do for an updo.
  • Threes.Company
    October 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I think pigtails are too unprofessional for an office of any kind.

• Red_Kitten
    October 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Ahhh, this is what I was hoping for....some new ideas.  I just started practicing the messy buns, but I looked up the sock bun and the dutch braid and I'm going to try them both.  Thanks! :-)

Quoting momof3_dll:

I like doing a side dutch braid in mine. Or just a fishtail braid. Braids and messy buns or sock buns are usually what I do for an updo.

• Red_Kitten
    October 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Thanks for the opinions on pigtails, too!  I've seen them done in some pretty clever ways that looked less casual to me, but I don't want to give wrong 'work' impression. I'll save 'em for beach day!

• TableforSeven
    October 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    I would not wear pigtails as an adult in an office setting.
    I cover my hair so that DH is the only person that sees my hair. I have very long hair. I usually put it in a Hun, or tucked-up pony tail, or braid under my hat.
  • MistyBetz
    October 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

You might be able to do a modified french twist with little tail out of the back using a large barrette.  My MIL does that, but my hair is too long. It looks nice, and she changes it from casual to business just using different barrettes.

• Dannille33
    October 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    Sorry I wish I could help.
  • Raeann11
    October 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I have a blogg and post hair styles I have tried. I put the links to them to show you how to do them too. I have found some realy cute ones.

CraftyMamaFun

• KylesMom409
    October 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Bump!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email