30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
mariesmama
3 yr old+hayride=disaster
September 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

marie wanted the lake by where the bonfire was tonight she was running along the shore and went deeper me chasing her ok she fell in the wet mud right by the water just as i grabbed her  splat school clothes -black and me sunk in the mud up to my knees i handed her off and 2 men eventually pulled me from the mud they even went down for my other shoe by the time i got out of the mud the church ladies had her mostly cleaned up and we took the wipes to my hands  i dont even know if i can wash my caked muddy shoes  i dont know if i can wash her school shoes--they light up  i just wanna cry shes speech delayed how do i make her listen i told her 3 times to get out of the tub tonite she ignored me so i spanked her and then she listened- screaming at me the whole while im just overwhelmed she needs to listen to me for her own safety if nothing else

Replies

• tiredmomma35
    September 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
    Awe! I know what your going through, my six year old daughter is the queen of not listening. I could ask her to pick up her stuff or please shut lights or water off when she is done, and she won't listen. I've grounded her, put her in time outs, spanked her end she has no respect. My daughter also has a speech problem.
  • jenmeehan11
    September 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    You spank a lot, don't you?
  • mariesmama
    September 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting jenmeehan11:

no i dont it doesnt seem to be effective but she will not listen to me she could have drowned tonite

• jenmeehan11
    September 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    I thought the spanking was for not getting out of the tub?

I'm sorry she's not listening to you and I do hope you find something that works. I'm sorry your plans didn't work out.

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting jenmeehan11:

no i dont it doesnt seem to be effective but she will not listen to me she could have drowned tonite

• mariesmama

Quoting tiredmomma35:

Awe! I know what your going through, my six year old daughter is the queen of not listening. I could ask her to pick up her stuff or please shut lights or water off when she is done, and she won't listen. I've grounded her, put her in time outs, spanked her end she has no respect. My daughter also has a speech problem.

could that be it ?shes speech delayed at 3

• ambercates
    I don't know if spanking is the answer to discipline a 3 yr old Child! I don't think it is, but its your choice. I didn't understand all of your story! It was hard to read!
  • mariesmama
    September 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

yes the spanking was for not getting out of the tub but it got her attention she did what i told her after i spanked heri just wish shed listen she hops right out for daddy cause she knows he'll swat if she doesnt

Quoting jenmeehan11:

I thought the spanking was for not getting out of the tub?

I'm sorry she's not listening to you and I do hope you find something that works. I'm sorry your plans didn't work out.

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting jenmeehan11:

• tiredmomma35
    September 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    [quote name="mariesmama" id="0"][/quote

It could be it, it's hard to say. Could be a behavioral issue too. My daughter was born with a sub mucus cleft. Her palette is weak and she can't talk all that good. But she seems like she has other problems as well. I'm unsure what to do myself.

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts