30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
LovinLife81
Online dating?
September 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM

I asked you ladies how you met your DH/SO and a lot of you said online. And I was wondering was it hard for you to not see them while talking? And how long before you met?

Replies

• JessLackey
    September 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I met my s.o. on Pof.com We talked for about a month or two then decided to hangout and see where it went from there. Here it is almost two years together and we are due to have a boy in jan. I say wait till you are sure you feel comfortable meeting them and should be in a public place although I didn't met him in a public place but only because it turned out we had some mutual friends in real life and they vouched for him.lol

• pumpkin77
    September 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I have been on-line dating for about 2 years.  I am 53, divorced, and have been meeting guys that are divorced or widowed about the same age.  I live in NYC suberbs, so there are a lot of people and a lot of options.  I have had no luck so far, 19 first dates - some of them quite commical most with really nice guys (but not quite right).  I think it's a numbers game.  If you knock on enough doors, one will eventually open and be "the right one".  At least I am having fun, right?

• Mommatoobe
    September 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I met my husband online. We started chatting on Craigslist Personals. We talked for 2 weeks. Then went on our first date. We got married 3 weeks later. Here we are now, 4.5 years later, with our 3rd kid on the way!

• deb716
    by deb716
    September 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM

My dh and I emailed for about 2 weeks then started talking on the phone for about a week. We went on our first date 3 weeks after meeting. One week later we were engaged. We got married a little over 2 months later and have been married over 2 years now.

• Army_Angel83
    September 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I met my DH online, we talked for a month before we met in person...but we video chatted which helped ease the awkwardness the first time we met.

• Bre
    by Bre
    September 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    I met my now husband online. I lived in Arizona and he lived in Michigan at the time, we talked via phone and internet for over 2 yrs before we meet. I finaly flew out to Michigan to meet, I stayed for 4 das over halloween weekend. Went bk to Arizona and within a week ut in a transfer with my work to move to michigan! We have now been together going on 9 yrs, married with a 5 yr old! I wld not have changed anything for the world!

You deff truly get to know a person in a deff way over the net and phone than in person, you fall in love for who they are not their looks ect! I had only recived 1 photo via pic phone while we where dating cross country and he 1 of me and that was it till we meet 2 yrs latter in person!
  • absearcy
    September 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Met my DH when we were 14 on some Yahoo chat room. Talked for a while via e-mail / IM then lost contact up until August 2009.
    I then learned that he had joined the Navy and was shipping out the next day after we finally started talking again, guess you could say I was a little more than bummed out. But we had never physically met up to that point. It wasn't until my birthday of the same year that we met.
    He took his weekend liberty and drove 7 hours to see me, which included crossing a border to a different country! Boy was I shocked. The weekend came and went. He went back to A School and I went back to work.
    He called me when he got back to base and said that he knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't act fast. So he basically said I was his and that would be that. He left for a 6 month deployment on an aircraft carrier. Came home. We went on vacation. He proposed and we were married February 2011 and now have 2 baby girls on the way :-)
    Hundreds of letters and video cd's later, we did it. We survived and I wouldn't change anything for the world.

• la_bella_vita
    September 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I've never done it. bump!

• lisahappymom
    September 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Yes, I met my husband online too.  I liked his photo online, and in person he was just right for me!  As someone once told me, "Age makes us all old and ugly," which sounds crude but makes the point that if you are looking to find someone to grow old with, looks should be a small part of the equation.  Hope that helps!  Good luck with online dating!    :-)

• Hesmynavyman
    September 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I met my husband on myspace 4 yrs ago and I love him so much, we talked for 4 hrs total that night. And met eachother a week later to go on a date. Lol well... he respected me so much and it just turned into more then just friends on a date he bought me yellow tullips and treated me so beyond wonderful I will never forget that wonderful night it was love at first sight, that was in 98, ever since then we have had 3 beautiful babies, and we did loose 1.:( But we are such a beautiful family and I am truly blessed and very honored in life! <3

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts