30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
JasonsMom2007
They are lowering the age because they want him!
August 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Our church is going to do a Christmas play this year.  They were going to do 2nd grade and up but the person in charge of it was talking to me and the sunday school director yesterday and she said she wants to lower the age to include my son (he just turned 5) because he has a memory like no other and will have no problem with one of the major parts.  Plus he is really outgoing and just loves doing things like this so he will just soak up the attention and do a great job.

I'm so proud :)  He almost has his entire spark's book memorized for the year already and sparks hasn't even started yet!  It's close to 50 verses and he can do it all in one sitting plus he can still recite all of the verses from his book from last year!

Replies

• rebeccasmly
    August 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    Awesome! My son is working on his 2nd Sparks book and he is a new 6. We start in September. My 10 year old DS has completed 2 T& T books in 1 year. He wanted to start the final but we only had a couple weeks left and he starts Trek this year.
  • JasonsMom2007
    August 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Great!  Our club starts this Wednesday.  We had our kick off carnival Saturday.  It bothers me because some think that he only passes his book because his parents and grandma runs club.  He is treated just like every other kid at club and has to say his verses to his leader, no exceptions.  He loves listening to the CD in the back of the book and he learns all of his verses that way.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Awesome! My son is working on his 2nd Sparks book and he is a new 6. We start in September. My 10 year old DS has completed 2 T& T books in 1 year. He wanted to start the final but we only had a couple weeks left and he starts Trek this year.

• rebeccasmly
    August 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    The CDs are awesome! We play them in their rooms at bedtime. That's what they go to sleep over. I've heard the same thing. We work with them at home though and that makes a huge difference! In fact, that's what they work on if they finish a lesson early before its time to move on.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Great!  Our club starts this Wednesday.  We had our kick off carnival Saturday.  It bothers me because some think that he only passes his book because his parents and grandma runs club.  He is treated just like every other kid at club and has to say his verses to his leader, no exceptions.  He loves listening to the CD in the back of the book and he learns all of his verses that way.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

• Poosaloosa
    August 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

That is awesome!  I wish my son had more patience to learn and memorize, but he is just a crazy kiddo, so hyper.  He does really good with his school stuff, but he has so little patience, he could never sit still long enough.  I think your son is so awesome to memorize all of that!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN