30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
olliesmommy2
Spaghetti squash, how do you use it?
March 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I love squash, all kinds, but ive never really tried spaghetti squash, so  i bought one and now im looking for ideas. Actually use it like noodles? Ideas?

Replies

• hache2
    by hache2
    March 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    Yes, like noodles. Fruitsandveggiesmorematters.gov posted a spaghetti squash recipe this week. It looks really good. I follow them on FB.
  • SuperPickle
    March 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I use it just like noodles. I made a "Baked Spaghetti" with it not too long ago

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2011/09/baked-spaghetti-squash-casserole.html

• jackiewal10
    March 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I use it instead of noodles when I make spaghetti or any kind of tomato sauce.  It scrapes out and looks just like spaghetti (hence the name).  If it doesn't scrape out nice and look like pasta, it hasn't cooked long enough.  It's good.

• WandBmamma
    March 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I like it as noodles for spaghetti or I like it baked with butter and honey or butter and salt and pepper!
  • Cara5
    by Cara5
    March 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Ha! Thats funny, Ive got 4 cooking in my oven right now! 

They are SUPER SUPER simple.  Slice them in half long ways, put them open side down into an inch or two of water (you can salt/flavor/season the water if you want) and bake at 350 until they are squishy, around 40 minuets to an hour.  After they have cooled enough to handle them just stand them up in a bowl and scrape the insides out.  We will be eating this batch with shredded cheese and home canned tomato sauce, but you can use it anywhere you would use noodles. 

• mommysplace
    March 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

This is so awesome! I often wondered the same thing. I can't wait to try it!

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts