30 Something Moms

Featured Posts
psurmont
Those days
May 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Do you ever have those days when you feel like your whole world is crashing down around you and you don't know how to stop it?  I seem to be having one of those days everyday it seems-  I hate my job and it is not so much the people as it is that I am tired of working nights and always being tired.  I love my daughter, but I feel like I am a bad mom because I don't spend the amount of time with her that I feel I should and my husband stays mad at me because I don't feel like getting out of bed ever.  I am depressed and maybe it is being away from my family and friends and just my basic support system.  I look around and I know the house should be cleaner, but sometimes I don't feel up to it.  I just had to get this out and hopefully you guys want think that I am too crazy.  I am on Celexa and that does work for the most part.  Thank you for reading this and any replies on what I should do would be gratefully appreciated it.  Also I forgot to add I cannot stand that I have to put on a happy face all of the time so people don't see that stuff is troubling me.  I just get so tired of being known as smiley and always happy when inside I am screaming.

Replies

• mrswillie
    May 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Ok, let me start by saying, "been there, done that."  We (my family0 use to live 30 minutes outside Washington, Dc.  Dh & I worked all the time to support our family.  My life consisted of work, house work, cooking, cleaning, helping kids w/homework, always tired etc.  We never had money for anything. Work, work, woork!  At work I use to listen to Dr. Laura Slesinger.  She always said, "parents should raise their children, not nanny's and sitters".  I always thought, "yah right.  I could never stop working and pay for our home".  Now 6 years later, I say "She was right".  our family went from living in a prestigous neighborhood in Montgomery Co., MD to living in the mountains of WV.  It allowed me to become a stay home mom and dh was able to support us.  We took a 75% pay cut, biut the cost of living was so much lower it enabled me to stop working.  We went from living in a 4 bedroom home to living in a mobile home on 5 1/2 acres on the side of a mountain.  When my kids answered "whart is the best thing about me staying home?"  They answer, "the cooking".  I know go to school functions all the time.  our kids friends think they have "cool" parents and I love being available for my kids all the time.  I learned it is not the building that makes a home but the people in it.  I enjoy being able to be home to help with homework, cooking dinners from scratch, shaperoneing school trips and babysitting my grandkids.  Irt was the best movve we could have ever made.  I really don't miss working or the house in montgomery county.  I am the riches person in the world.  Money doesn't make you rich.

I guess my point is, "if you aren't happy change it., but it may take the whole family to change things."  A lesser way of living isn't always a lesser quality of life.  My children became rich.  Good Luck and you can find a way!

• AZM
    by AZM
    May 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

well you should talk to your husband about how you are feeling and then go see your doctor see is you can get a antidepressant I don't know about the job thing because Jobs are hard to find right naw I know i lost my job but I am really happy to be at home but I dont know how long that will last I am sorry you are going threw this.

• Vanmari
    by Vanmari
    May 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I would simply suggest counseling, and a different shift.

• steelcrazy
    May 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM

We've all had days and even weeks like that.  I'm so sorry that you are feeling so down.  Is there anyway that you can find a job working a different shift?  I know that midnite shift is really hard, my hubby is miserable when he is working it and all he wants to do is sleep.  Here's a big hug from me to you.hugging

• steelcrazy
    May 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Quoting mrswillie:

Ok, let me start by saying, "been there, done that."  We (my family0 use to live 30 minutes outside Washington, Dc.  Dh & I worked all the time to support our family.  My life consisted of work, house work, cooking, cleaning, helping kids w/homework, always tired etc.  We never had money for anything. Work, work, woork!  At work I use to listen to Dr. Laura Slesinger.  She always said, "parents should raise their children, not nanny's and sitters".  I always thought, "yah right.  I could never stop working and pay for our home".  Now 6 years later, I say "She was right".  our family went from living in a prestigous neighborhood in Montgomery Co., MD to living in the mountains of WV.  It allowed me to become a stay home mom and dh was able to support us.  We took a 75% pay cut, biut the cost of living was so much lower it enabled me to stop working.  We went from living in a 4 bedroom home to living in a mobile home on 5 1/2 acres on the side of a mountain.  When my kids answered "whart is the best thing about me staying home?"  They answer, "the cooking".  I know go to school functions all the time.  our kids friends think they have "cool" parents and I love being available for my kids all the time.  I learned it is not the building that makes a home but the people in it.  I enjoy being able to be home to help with homework, cooking dinners from scratch, shaperoneing school trips and babysitting my grandkids.  Irt was the best movve we could have ever made.  I really don't miss working or the house in montgomery county.  I am the riches person in the world.  Money doesn't make you rich.

I guess my point is, "if you aren't happy change it., but it may take the whole family to change things."  A lesser way of living isn't always a lesser quality of life.  My children became rich.  Good Luck and you can find a way!

I have to say that I agree with this 100%.  We live in my grandparents 1950's ranch on my great-grandparents farm, my cousin runs the farm though.  It's in the middle of no where, but the cost of living is good and I only have to work part time from home.  I love it and so do my kids.

• ColtsFan1912
    May 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM

yes i have (((((hugs)))) I'm sorry :(

• momof754
    May 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

i have been there. i hope all works out for youhugs

30 Something Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts