Autism / Asperger's / PDD Support

saltycoqui
He shaved by himself!
February 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM
My soon to be 15 year old son shaved his beard, mustache all by himself today!

He started growing a thin mustache about 3 years ago. About a year ago the beard started. Got fuller during the past few months. I got him his own flexible razors and shaving gel for his sensitive skin. And a dedicated towel just for his face. That way he wouldn't have to share with his grandpa.

I've been helping him shave in front of a mirror so he could see what I was doing. Once in awhile he would do parts himself. Today I got him during the right mood to do it himself. I set up his things on the sink and told him he needed to shave and that it was best to do it before it grew too thick. A couple of hours later I found him at the sink. Only his sis and I were home so I asked her not to disturb him. When he was done we told him we were proud of him. He only got one little nick, which I think was a small pimple.

I feel like dancing!

Replies

• momw3bys1grl
    February 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • nancylynn
    February 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yay!  That's wonderful!  It's the little things that please us asd moms.  I was so happy when Shannon started being able to shave her legs without cutting herself too badly.  I totally get how you feel!

• dmsfr
    by dmsfr
    February 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM

That's fantastic! I'm jealous. I wish my guy would. 

• saltycoqui
    February 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting nancylynn:

Yay!  That's wonderful!  It's the little things that please us asd moms.  I was so happy when Shannon started being able to shave her legs without cutting herself too badly.  I totally get how you feel!

I know that feeling too. I also have a soon to be 17 yr old girl, young lady, who started shaving her legs too, about 5 years ago. 

I really like the flexible Schick razors. 

• Keara321
    February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    I love hearing this kind of story even though my autistic son is only 7. That's great!!!!
  • efeyer25
    February 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

dancingWoohoo! That's Awesome!

• MuseCBS
    by MuseCBS
    July 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM

that's is so cool CONGRATS

Autism / Asperger's / PDD Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts