Cancer Survivors, Fighters, & Supporters

AnimeMom228
new here and feeling overwhelmed
July 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Hi. I guess the best thing to do first is introduce myself. I'm 29 years old (30 in August), have been married to my best friend for going on 5 years, and have a wonderful 17 month old little boy, and we recently added a now 3 week old little girl to the family. I have a genetic disease called garners syndrome which is a screw up on the protein stand of my DNA which causes multiple growths (bone overgrowth, cysts, polyps, tumors, etc). Well, the cysts and polyps will eventually change from pre cancerous to cancerous, so it was always just a matter of when. Well, when they did my c-section, they saw polyps on the outside of the uterine wall, the abdominal wall, and the intestinal wall. The Dr decided to biopsy them and the results came back all cancer. This Thursday I had a CT scan done and they found cancer in my liver and that it has also spread to my lungs. I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for this Tuesday to see if they can find where it started. They said best case, it started i'm my colon. If that is the case they said I'd be on chemo the rest if my life and that the average span for those cancers is about 2 years, maybe up to 5 if my body really reacts well to treatment and I'm lucky. If it started in the stomach or somewhere else, that time would be shorter. Because of my genetic disease I cannot get a liver transplant since my body would just cover it in polyps again. They said because of this fact, there was no was I would make it into remission.

Replies

• VickiB
    by VickiB
    September 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    I was diagnosed with stage IV Colon cancer in July 2009. It has spread from my colon to my liver and lungs. I was 34 years old. I've been on chemo since then (over 3 years now) and will be for the rest of my life. So, I can relate to what you are feeling. I just want to give you a huge hug and let you know that I am here of you need to talk. If it turns out that it is Colon or Rectal Cancer, I know of some great resources that will be a great support to you.
  • jshalas89
    November 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    RIP Mama!! You will be deeply missed.
  • WesAndNicksMom
    December 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    I'll be thinking of you and your family!!!

Cancer Survivors, Fighters, & Supporters

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts