40ish and beyond...

Samantha431
insomnia?
November 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Hello: I have been suffering from insomnia for over two months. Has anyone been through this?
No matter what time I go to bed I wake up from 2:20am(precisley!)-5:30, then my alarm goes off at 6! I am exhausted and am running on fumes..I try to go to bed by 10 so I at least get 4 hours:(

I tried Benalyn bc that is supposed to help with sleep but it didn't work :(

Any tips?
Thanks!

Replies

• Moms_Angels1960
    November 6, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Well, I get that from time to time but not for 2 months straight. My suggestion is to talk to your dr and see what they can do for you.

I would also limit caffine after 7 PM and try to settle down all quiet for an hour before you go to bed no computer time, just relax a warm shower or bath also.

• AndrewsMomPDX
    November 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I rarely sleep well and have had to take amitriptyline but I hate the hangover feel of the next day.  I have to be like a brat who needs a nap before I take it or I lose a day of productivity.

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    BL
    November 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Wow, 2 months.. Have you made a dr appt to get things checked out?

• Carmen66
    November 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM

i sleep 3 to 4 hours a night, ever since my thyroid problem i have a hard time sleeping a full night.

• GoddessJohnnie
    November 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I too suffer from insomnia.  As a matter or fact, I only got about 3 hours last night.  When it gets to be too much, I take melatonin.  That helps me sleep without making me feel groggy the next day.  I don't take it too often though 'cause I want to get my body too used to having it.

• Samantha431
    November 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Thank you..So I guess two months is a long time and I should call my doctor..

• dmorris14
    November 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Do you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep? I struggled with insomnia about 10 years ago and a friend asked me if I clinched or grinded my teeth.  It was keeping from a good night's sleep. When I stress out over something, I clench.  My dentist made me a bite block.  I tried the cheap store brand but it kept falling out.  I wore it for about a year and it helped so much.  I only wear it now if I'm super stressed or have a headache.

• dmorris14
    November 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm also a light sleeper.  My husband snores so we bought a sound machine that plays different sounds.  I sleep to the ocean noise and it blocks out my husband's loud snoring.

• Samantha431
    November 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Hi!-Yes, I grind my teeth..I have a bite plate. I chewed through the one from the drug store!

Quoting dmorris14:

Do you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep? I struggled with insomnia about 10 years ago and a friend asked me if I clinched or grinded my teeth.  It was keeping from a good night's sleep. When I stress out over something, I clench.  My dentist made me a bite block.  I tried the cheap store brand but it kept falling out.  I wore it for about a year and it helped so much.  I only wear it now if I'm super stressed or have a headache.

• momwriter
    November 7, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    I've had trouble sleeping for most of my life and take meds for it. You should call your dr. Good luck!

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN