40ish and beyond...

dana63
Pay with your smart phone~~
by dana63
July 29, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I was just hearing that some retails (Starbucks being one) has new "app" cards that you down load to your smart phone (yes there is an app for that) and you use this app to pay for your items.... They say you can use your credit card as well but mainly use these gift (or app) cards.. The cashier will just scan your smart phone and it will take the money out of your account and give you a balance. No money exchanges hands and/or cards so this makes it easy for the retail and I guess for the customer..

Have you used this to pay for your items?

Would you use this method to pay?

Is this future of how customers will be paying for their items?

Thoughts?

Replies

• babynurse454
    July 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I will continue using my debt card or cash.....I do have the card device for my phone if I sell something i can take their credit cards using my phone......I do use my phone for coupons that I get sent .

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    BL
    July 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Nah. I don't have a smart phone. Hubby does but we won't use it for anything like this

• Hopethedogsmama
    July 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I don't have a smart phone either. I tried one but went back to my slider phone. I don't need all that.

• Maida265
    July 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM

No...probably not something I would do. Did you know that 95% of all illegal transactions or fraud charges stem from information hackers get FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE???? 

• dana63
    by dana63
    July 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I wouldnt either as I would be afraid that I would lose my phone and all my stuff would get stolen as well... I think this is one app that I wont get...

• firelites
    July 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

sorry, I prefer cash

• looneymom424
    July 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I will only pay with cash anywhere I had a smartphone but refuse to set up my debit card on it.  Theft happens on your debit card at those automatic things.

• ALolies
    by ALolies
    July 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Yep... I would use it. As a matter of fact we order and pay for Papa John's Pizza using a smart phone. I have been hacked on my computers... It happens... I am no more suseptible on my phone than on my PC... I check all my financial accounts daily. I contact the company if anything looks out of the ordinarry...

I also use my smart phone to accept payments in the store...

• mrgetinold
    July 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Oh Dana my dh is so old fashioned we still are in the 20th century paying for things with a ck still it is embarrassing at some places to do and most wont even take them anymore! I had to go in and set up automatic payments for our health insurance and stuff after he retired and it was like dragging his bee hind into the yr 2000! Not sure what we will do if ppl start paying with their smarter then us phones ( yes i have one but i will admit havent figured everything out yet)
  • Alwaysmotivated
    July 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Hi, do you mind sharing some info on the card device for your phone, I have heard about it but never really followed thru and I willbe launching my jewelry bus soon and this would be ideal.. Do you mind pm me any info you may have and have you used it? big smile mini

Quoting babynurse454:

I will continue using my debt card or cash.....I do have the card device for my phone if I sell something i can take their credit cards using my phone......I do use my phone for coupons that I get sent .

40ish and beyond...