40ish and beyond...

opinionatedmom
need a filling snack
June 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I'm starving. Nothing but grapes sound good. I don't find fruits and veggies filling . I don't wantleftovers. Peanuts doesn't sound good. Peanut butter sandwiches don't sound good. The cat ate my tuna to.bribe her.back in the house. I want something good for me. Broccoli,tomatoes,nectarines and plums don't sound good. What do I eat. And why do I not feel filled up on fruits and veggies. i usually snack on sandwiches.

Replies

• wishbearmom
    June 25, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Anything with protein should keep you feeling satisfied for longer: greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, bagel with cream cheese, or you can dip your veggies in hummus...

• dana63
    by dana63
    June 25, 2013 at 5:54 AM

When I want something but not sure what I grab some Greek yogurt and it is great and healthy..

• starlight1968
    June 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM

make a fruit salad?  I have been eating watermelon with cottage cheese and that does it for me...Hope you found something!!

• Maida265
    June 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I am like you. I love my fruit and veggies, but it seems like they just don't sustain me. I think it's because you may be a carbaholic (like me!) LOL

I find that if I eat something with a crunch, the chewing seems to trick my brain into thinking I've eaten more. I don't know why, but carrot sticks with a little fat free dressing...and a few slices of turkey breast seems to do the trick for me!

• mrgetinold
    June 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Yum, grapes what sbout adding some cheese, crackers to that! Or a quesadilla or a mini pizza! Hope you get filled up soon, i hate when nothing sounds good, its the worst! Hugs
  • opinionatedmom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I really don't do a lot of carbs anymore. I realized protein gave me more energy and made me stay full longer.most of my snacks are protein based . That ours why I have tons of peanut butter,peanuts,trail mix,, granola bars etc.

Quoting Maida265:

I am like you. I love my fruit and veggies, but it seems like they just don't sustain me. I think it's because you may be a carbaholic (like me!) LOL

I find that if I eat something with a crunch, the chewing seems to trick my brain into thinking I've eaten more. I don't know why, but carrot sticks with a little fat free dressing...and a few slices of turkey breast seems to do the trick for me!

• opinionatedmom
    June 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    I love peaches and cottage cheese. O also do fruit cocktail and cottage cheese. Never tried watermelon though.

Quoting starlight1968:

make a fruit salad?  I have been eating watermelon with cottage cheese and that does it for me...Hope you found something!!

• babynurse454
    June 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Protein! A slice of ham or turkey with a piece of cheese... apple....peanut butter. I drink protein drinks and eat protein bars.
  • browneyedbitty
    June 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    I like almonds, I keep a can of them in my desk at work for when the munchies strike. I also keep some slimfast protien bars around if I am really hungry

40ish and beyond...