40ish and beyond...

opinionatedmom
need a filling snack
June 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I'm starving. Nothing but grapes sound good. I don't find fruits and veggies filling . I don't wantleftovers. Peanuts doesn't sound good. Peanut butter sandwiches don't sound good. The cat ate my tuna to.bribe her.back in the house. I want something good for me. Broccoli,tomatoes,nectarines and plums don't sound good. What do I eat. And why do I not feel filled up on fruits and veggies. i usually snack on sandwiches.

Replies

• wishbearmom
    June 25, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Anything with protein should keep you feeling satisfied for longer: greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, bagel with cream cheese, or you can dip your veggies in hummus...

• dana63
    by dana63
    June 25, 2013 at 5:54 AM

When I want something but not sure what I grab some Greek yogurt and it is great and healthy..

• starlight1968
    June 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM

make a fruit salad?  I have been eating watermelon with cottage cheese and that does it for me...Hope you found something!!

• Maida265
    June 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I am like you. I love my fruit and veggies, but it seems like they just don't sustain me. I think it's because you may be a carbaholic (like me!) LOL

I find that if I eat something with a crunch, the chewing seems to trick my brain into thinking I've eaten more. I don't know why, but carrot sticks with a little fat free dressing...and a few slices of turkey breast seems to do the trick for me!

• mrgetinold
    June 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Yum, grapes what sbout adding some cheese, crackers to that! Or a quesadilla or a mini pizza! Hope you get filled up soon, i hate when nothing sounds good, its the worst! Hugs
  • opinionatedmom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I really don't do a lot of carbs anymore. I realized protein gave me more energy and made me stay full longer.most of my snacks are protein based . That ours why I have tons of peanut butter,peanuts,trail mix,, granola bars etc.

Quoting Maida265:

I am like you. I love my fruit and veggies, but it seems like they just don't sustain me. I think it's because you may be a carbaholic (like me!) LOL

I find that if I eat something with a crunch, the chewing seems to trick my brain into thinking I've eaten more. I don't know why, but carrot sticks with a little fat free dressing...and a few slices of turkey breast seems to do the trick for me!

• opinionatedmom
    June 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    I love peaches and cottage cheese. O also do fruit cocktail and cottage cheese. Never tried watermelon though.

Quoting starlight1968:

make a fruit salad?  I have been eating watermelon with cottage cheese and that does it for me...Hope you found something!!

• babynurse454
    June 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Protein! A slice of ham or turkey with a piece of cheese... apple....peanut butter. I drink protein drinks and eat protein bars.
  • browneyedbitty
    June 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    I like almonds, I keep a can of them in my desk at work for when the munchies strike. I also keep some slimfast protien bars around if I am really hungry

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN