40ish and beyond...

wallmom1
Taking a step away from siblings.
May 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I am the youngest of 4 siblings, and I will be 50 this year! So I am by no means a child.  But for my brother, who is 9 years older than I am, I will always be 12.  My parents have both passed away, and we have kept their home. It is 2 blocks from the beach at the Jersey shore, so it is not something any of us what to let go of.  My sister, who lives 3 hours away uses it and my older neices too. I live here so I don't "need a beach house".  But I take care of all the bills and such. We all do what needs to be done. I feel like I do a  lot, being the one that lives here and all, and well, because I kinda do! My brother seems to think his voice should be louder than mine or my sisters.  We had words last month and things are "cool" between us. I feel the need to step away from family for a bit. But it will be hard since summer is around the corner and someone will be at the house most weekends.  That is way we have kept the house and things are working out ok. But I am tired of having to deal with everything and everyone. I know that if I am not around when my family gets together it will raise questions, but I think I just need a break from them.

Anyone else ever felt like this? Is just some space and keeping conversations light, not house related, the way to go? I feel like it is.

Replies

• HippyMomma45
    May 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I agree with what you want to do. It's ok to step away for a while & try to keep things light for the summer. Sometime you might want to have a meeting with your siblings & talk about things with the house-but at your own pace & time.

I'm the youngest girl in a family of 8 & I constantly want to take a break from them-to them I'm the baby & I'm constantly judged for every decision I make & my voice is never heard so I completely get where you're coming from. 

• terri-553
    May 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM

My Momma died this time last year,Where,am I going w/this??Momma left one of my sisters/I her house,My other sister/I haven;t spoken in a year,I gave my 1/2 to my oldest niece.As,I got tired of helping pay bills where I never intend to ever live,And I haven;t looked back,When the family gets togther if you don;t want/feel the need to be there,take a deep=breath-above all stand your ground,Just take time to breath

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts