40ish and beyond...

GoddessJohnnie
Are You Planting Anything This Spring?
April 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Some ladies like to garden with flowers.  Some grow veggie gardens.  Some grow little pots of herbs to use in their kitchens.  Are you going to plant anything this spring?  What are you planning on?  Have you started yet?  Is this your first attempt or are you an old hand at growing things?  

My hubby and I do a small box garden of peppers and tomatoes.  And if we lose any of our plants over winter to the frost, we replace our flowers/shrubs or try new items.  We lost a couple of agapantha plants this winter, so I think I'm going to replace them with Shasta daisey shrubs.  

Replies

• letstalk747
    April 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

yeah , in pots do every spring

• gonecrazi
    April 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Soon as we get the beds ready I'm gonna plant my roses.

• sunflower37
    April 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Growing herbs in my garden.

• RoseWall
    April 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Im interested in roses
  • Lovemyshadows
    April 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I'm not a gardener really, but this year I've planted flowers out back and I've been thinking of trying tomatoes in containers. Fresh herbs would be nice too.

• doodlepuss
    April 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I planted seeds already!   It's really warm here--Corpus area.  I have some plants that butterflies like started in trays--they will be ready to plant in the ground soon.  I planted seeds of Johnny Jump Up flowers, Carpet of Snow and some Catnip.  They've sprouted already.  I also planted basil and rosemary seeds and they are doing well.   I had planted chives but the cat killed them when she launched herself to the kitchen window sill trying to get a bird---there's glass there you crazy cat!!!

I have a ton of other stuff to plant and things to rearrange in the yard.  It's sooooo windy here and we are in the middle of a drought so it's hard to work.  Sometimes the wind will blow me over!  I'm still finding spots around the house and smoke house that are out of the worst of the wind for my babies.  I have lavender to plant too.  I'm so late on that one.

• RoseWall
    April 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I have been stalking the Queen palms at Sams Club. I want a new pretty pot for it. I rarely spend such large monies on my desires
  • harmony7
    April 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

We will put in a Large veggie and herb garden. I am using heirloom seeds...corn, black beans, kidney beans, green beans, purple hull peas, crowder peas, zuchinni, yellow squash, watermelon, cantelope, four types of peppers, three types of tomatoes, mixed lettuce, and various herbs. I dont do flowers, if I am going to put the effort into it I want to eat it :).

• Zsadist_Lover
    April 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    Cabbage, collards, eggplant, jalapeños, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, berries, tulips, morning glories, moonflower, sunflowers, sage, basil, rosemary, thyme, lavender, cilantro.
    Foods too expensive, time to Live off the land again.
  • starlight1968
    April 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

nope not this year..

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts