40ish and beyond...

Onmyown2727
You are not going to believe this!!!!
February 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I'm still a little shocked...I wanted to share this with you..

Last night around 11:00PM I went to take my garbage to the curb.  My front door sticks and shut behind me.  The door would not open...my son was upstairs asleep,,,I kept ringing the door bell he did not come down stairs.  My backdoor and garage door were locked as well along with my windows on the first floor. One of my neighbors came home, I got his attention, asked if I could borrow his cell phone to call my son.  Explained that I was locked out of my house.  I tried to call the house 5 times, my son didn't answer.  I gave the phone back to the man and he left me outside in 30 degree weather, I didn't have a coat on and I'm still not able to get into my house.

Long story short, I was stuck outside for about 1.5 hours till my son heard the doorbell and came downstairs to open the door for me.  His response was why was I taking the garbage out at 11:00PM.  That is the time I do it every week!!

So yes, calling repair man to fix my door...Yes, will always have cell phone and house key on me...

Do you belive that man just left me?  That is the part I'm most shocked about..

blank stare

Replies

• pamelax3
    February 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

What a ding dong, leaving you out in that kind of weather.. My 2 1/2 DS locked me out a few weeks ago, thank goodness we keep a spare key hidden

• CharlotteRose
    February 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I kinda do.....it just seems ppl don't want to help each other out anymore....

• Onmyown2727
    February 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I thought it was just me that thought this was strange!  What has happen to people?  

Quoting pamelax3:

What a ding dong, leaving you out in that kind of weather.. My 2 1/2 DS locked me out a few weeks ago, thank goodness we keep a spare key hidden

• 2pink
    by 2pink
    February 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Oh that sounds miserable!  Did you ask for any further assistance?  See, I've locked myself out more times than I can count, and the longest I've had to wait is 20 minutes for my husband to get home from work.  The rest of the times I found a way to get in, a cracked window.....(Can you imagine this 52 yr. old climbing in the kitchen window trying not to knock over the violet plant and other various pretties?)

Also, before you call the repairman, perhaps the door is just swollen from being wet, consider lubricating the hinges, and the casing to the door with mineral oil, q-tip, and cotton swabs.  If you have a routine too, consider posting it somewhere like on the refrigerator, so when someone sees that you aren't where you are s'posed to be, they'll look.  Next time consider leaving your house slipper wedged in the door, I have little dogs and they've shut me out before by jumping up on the door!  Little Poops!

• pamelax3
    February 6, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I find it very strange, people just do not look out for each other like we use too

Quoting Onmyown2727:

I thought it was just me that thought this was strange!  What has happen to people?  

Quoting pamelax3:

• jett286
    by jett286
    February 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Oh My!  So glad you are ok!  My kids wouldn't hear me either, but I could go to their bedroom windows since they are in the basement!  Much easier than an upstairs bedroom!

• Onmyown2727
    February 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I was more hurt then shocked that someone could care that little about another person...

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I kinda do.....it just seems ppl don't want to help each other out anymore....

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    February 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM

He was probably just not thinking. It probably didn't occur to him that you were cold. He got home late, tired and was probably just not as alert as he may have been at a normal time. He could have had his own issues on his mind also. 

Sometimes we do things and later think, "Why didn't I do this instead? That was stupid." 

• Onmyown2727
    February 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I'm fine, thank you...just didn't think that mankind was that cold hearted...

Quoting jett286:

Oh My!  So glad you are ok!  My kids wouldn't hear me either, but I could go to their bedroom windows since they are in the basement!  Much easier than an upstairs bedroom!

• Onmyown2727
    February 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Good point...we do that at times...

I feel like I'm the one to make sure I hold the door for the person using a walker or the mom with a stroller but I'm sure that I don't do it 100% of the time...maybe this is someones way of saying that I need to pay better attention to these things when I see them...

Yes, there is a lesson to be learned in this!  

Quoting GOBryan:

He was probably just not thinking. It probably didn't occur to him that you were cold. He got home late, tired and was probably just not as alert as he may have been at a normal time. He could have had his own issues on his mind also. 

Sometimes we do things and later think, "Why didn't I do this instead? That was stupid." 

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN