40ish and beyond...

connietrrll
I am in a I hate people mood today!
February 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This last week I have been really sick. I passed some kidney stones, and because of that or maybe the other way around I have a kidney infection. On top of this I have my normal arthritis of spine. Sorry not complaining just explaining.

So, yesterday was my first out of the house since my trip to the hospital when I passed the stones, last week. We went and did the normal Friday things. Which really tired me out. On top of that my daughter asked me to watch her puppy. A darling little 50lb, 5 month old Pitbull. So, we had her with us. He went to work. He drives school bus. Then he came home and we went and had our taxes started. He treated my son and I to dinner. By this time I was exhausted.

I came home and sat down. Just as I sat down, I recieved a text from daughter.  Her and her fiance were pulled over. I asked for what. She said for no inspection. Here in NY inspections are a big thing. It is a $150 ticket plus a $50 court fee. I thought that was it. Well about 2 weeks ago he tried to get the truck inspected and it failed. They took the old sticker off. I have a vehicle that is registered, and insured but does not run. He took upon himself to search through that vehicle and found an 10 day *something given when you originally register your vehicle so you can get inspected in your name*! He put that on his truck. When he was pulled over he told the cop that my husband gave it to him. Which is totally illegal. So, the cop called my husband and my husband told him the truth. My daughter was pissed at both her fiance for lying, and my husband for telling the truth. She is now afraid he is going to jail.

My husband left for work. He works 2 jobs (drives bus during the week and does security on weekends at night), My brother then told me that my husband is an idiot because he does not know what he is talking about when comes to NYS inspections. A job my husband did for the first 10 years of our marriage. After arguing with him. He motioned for me to get out of the front room. I proceeded to tell him this is my house and I pay the mortgage here. I would stand here if I wanted too!!!! Not really that nicely either

Sorry I really had to vent.

Today I am sitting in my flannel night gown, and not talking to anyone but my sons, and my husband!

Replies

• ladyteejay
    February 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Hugs.  People suck sometimes...even family.  I hope everything goes ok for your husband.  Your SIL deserves whatever he gets.  He shouldn' t be a liar.  Makes me wonder what else he' s lying about...

• witch_e_woman
    February 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Sounds like your DD's fiance is a real piece of work....

• lovegrandbaby
    February 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I hear ya.  I agree about people being annoying and hating them all.  I have had alot of those days recently.  It's worse when it's family too.  Although I have to say, the cost of court fees in NYS are ridiculous.  A few years back, I was on a road I have never traveled and got a speeding ticket.  I was asked by the cop if I knew what the speed limit was, I said 45mph.  He proceeds to tell me I passed a lower speed limit sign about 30 feet back that was 35 mph.  I told him I missed it  - which I did, and those court fees were more than the cost  of the ticket.  Gotta love NYS

• starlight1968
    February 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

hugs

• smile357
    February 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Hugss...I actually feel the same way today. I think it maight be the weather

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    February 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

ditto.  

I think I would fear for your daughter and for your family if he sees no issue in stealing and lying.

Quoting witch_e_woman:

• ButterflyFree67
    February 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM

hugs to you..it really must be the weather...I'm in a funk myself..

• connietrrll
    February 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

He just recently found out he has a daughter! The girls mother is 16. She had the baby at 15. He is 21. Yep piece of work right there!

Quoting witch_e_woman:

• connietrrll
    February 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

We went to Walmart and it was crazy there. It seemed they were all in bitchy moods there also!

Quoting ButterflyFree67:

hugs to you..it really must be the weather...I'm in a funk myself..

• connietrrll
    February 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I have talked myself out of tickets but still had to pay that damn court fee!

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I hear ya.  I agree about people being annoying and hating them all.  I have had alot of those days recently.  It's worse when it's family too.  Although I have to say, the cost of court fees in NYS are ridiculous.  A few years back, I was on a road I have never traveled and got a speeding ticket.  I was asked by the cop if I knew what the speed limit was, I said 45mph.  He proceeds to tell me I passed a lower speed limit sign about 30 feet back that was 35 mph.  I told him I missed it  - which I did, and those court fees were more than the cost  of the ticket.  Gotta love NYS

40ish and beyond...