40ish and beyond...

wishbearmom
So Tired Of These Annoying Calls - Do You Get These Too?
January 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My car dealership was purchased by a national chain, and ever since I get calls (a minimum of one a month, sometimes more) from sales people saying my vehicle is in high demand and do I want to sell (translation: do you want to trade in and buy a new car from us). I've told them every time that when/if I decide I want to buy a new car I will call them and to please stop these calls, but to no avail. My SUV is an '07 with 62K miles. I own it free and clear, and I absolutely do not want and cannot afford to make car payments. I work from home and bought a house close to Han's school to eliminate the ridiculous commute my ex used to impose on me and the kids by insisting they attend the school attached to his church, which meant an hour spent in the car each day and an earlier bed time to accommodate it. I hope to keep my SUV for a good long time, and I'm absolutely sick to death of these unwanted sales calls. I'm tempted to write the dealership directly and state that this aggressive tactic may cost them a loyal customer. I get my car serviced with them, but that may change!!

Replies

• firelites
    January 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

next time they call get their first name and operator number then demand to speak with their supervisor,get their info, and tell them

" take me off your calling list"

• .Holly.
    by .Holly.
    January 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    No, but I'm on the do not call list and if I do see a number I don't know on my caller id I don't answer it.

• wishbearmom
    January 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM

They're my dealer, so being on the DO NOT CALL list unfortunately doesn't apply to them (although my cell phone is spammed on a regular basis despite being on the list anyway).

Quoting .Holly.:

No, but I'm on the do not call list and if I do see a number I don't know on my caller id I don't answer it.

• wishbearmom
    January 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Great idea!

Quoting firelites:

next time they call get their first name and operator number then demand to speak with their supervisor,get their info, and tell them

• .Holly.
    by .Holly.
    January 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Or just don't answer the call. Lol :)

Quoting wishbearmom:

Great idea!

Quoting firelites:

• bergencounty
    January 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM

we get the offers in the mail ... I believe the salesman was fired shortly after the sale.

• pamelax3
    January 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM

We get emails from the dealership we have purchased from. Very annoying

• dana63
    by dana63
    January 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I would simply ask them to stop calling and if they dont you will think about going else where when your ready to trade/buy a new car.

• wishbearmom
    January 31, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I've sent them an email to that effect Dana!

Quoting dana63:

I would simply ask them to stop calling and if they dont you will think about going else where when your ready to trade/buy a new car.

• Dora-rulz
    January 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    We get a lot of mail from a local dealer that serviced our car but bought it in the Midwest before moving to TX (dh friend is car salesman & got us really good deal). If I don't recognize number I don't answer. If its important they will leave a message.

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts