40ish and beyond...

dana63
Do you think its possible that when a person lies ...........................
by dana63
January 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM

That it actually can come true even if its a little white lie?

For example if a person calls in sick and they are not really sick and they get sick several days later. Or someone uses a family member as an excuse and then something happens.

Have you told a little white lie and it came true several days later?

Replies

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    January 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I think anything is possible. 

• dana63
    by dana63
    January 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM

So many times when I was working my employees would call in and they would tell me that their child was sick (and yet we would see them in school). Mainly these "little white lies" occured around the beginning of Spring or on a Friday when the weather was nice. They would come back and their child gets sick a few days later because we would get the call from school.

• ashleighmama
    Ash
    January 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    I think its karma. It seems like lies, no matter how big or small, come back to bite you in the butt!
  • PinkDragonFly
    January 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

that's called karma

• mightymo
    January 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

i cant say that i have especially when it comes to illness,now when i was a kid i might have but i don't remember i'm too superstitious

• LadyIQ
    by LadyIQ
    January 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

If someone will lie about the little things then they will lie about the big things.  I say its like karma "its all on the wheel" and it will come back at you in some form or fashion, usually negatively. I once knew a person that lied so much that if she said the sky was blue, I would look outside ...just to be sure.

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    January 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM

karma?

Quoting dana63:

For example if a person calls in sick and they are not really sick and they get sick several days later. Or someone uses a family member as an excuse and then something happens.

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    January 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

well..... along the lines of white lies.... if I tell my friend she looks good in a particular dress, she will carry her self taller and more assured.  Therefore she actually WILL look good in the dress.

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    January 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

btw... I dont consider calling in sick to work when you are not sick a "little white lie".... that is a flat out lie.

• firelites
    January 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts