40ish and beyond...

mrgetinold
rant at my dh, sorry a update!
January 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM
My dh doesnt believe in paying for cable tv ( so we have the converter dtv box from the goverment) we also live in a hole ( below kind of a hill) we did go get a 100$ plus antenna!
Well like sat we didnt get the football game (dh goes up and turns the antenna to see if we can get more channels) and then we scan to see what we get
So tonight i wanted to watch dr oz with the charlie sheen, and it was breaking up, so before dh goes to take our ds to a meeting, he starts messing with the tv to where all we get is a spanish channel! Uuuggghhh! Im so tired of either having to go to my in laws to watch a game or calling some other family member to invite ourselves over! Is it asking to much to have reliable tv stations ( im talking abc, cbs, nbc the major ones not like the sci fy channel or hbo or anything, yes i know they are talking layoffs at his work and this sounds so totally selfish as i type this out) but id like to be able to watch a greys, modern family or once upon a time without having to wonder if we get that channel! Uuugghhh!

P.s. we get all the spanish channels and church channels fine just not the regular stations, odd huh!
Thank you all and hugs!
Ok looked into cable, after a yr it goes up 30$, so after a 3 rd day of no tv! I did what mr potatoe would do and looked at dh with my Angry eyes! And today he took down the expensive antenna and it looks like raccoons got into the chip, so he went and got a indoor one and we have tv! I want to go bon bons now! Thank you mommas for listening to my rant ( i know there are more important things then my loss of tv!) Hugs very proud of my dh for doing everything ( he is been on the roof soo many times this past week and now we have a indoor one lol) thank u ladies

Replies

• keljo05
    by keljo05
    January 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

can you watch the episodes you want online? the main networks have previous episodes you can watch in full.. i think

• crazymom729
    January 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Oh lord, no it's not asking to much.  What if you needed to see the local weather...what the heck?  Basic cable usually isn't that much.

• mrgetinold
    January 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    Quoting keljo05:

can you watch the episodes you want online? the main networks have previous episodes you can watch in full.. i think

yes i can watch but or downloading takes forever ( so slow) that it takes twice as long sometimes! Thank you
  • keljo05
    by keljo05
    January 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

ahhhh.. ugh sorry :(

maybe things will change and he will realize its a little luxury you can afford :)

Quoting mrgetinold:

Quoting keljo05:

yes i can watch but or downloading takes forever ( so slow) that it takes twice as long sometimes! Thank you

• starlight1968
    January 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

hugs!

• rosebud727
    January 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Sorry sweetie. It sounds like a valid rant in these days and ages.

• LFosterfarm
    January 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I"m laughing with you really I am!  i have satelite for one reason and one reason only, walking dead on amc!  but we still watch the main channels, abc, nbc, fox.  I think I would loose it one evening and go postal!  maybe you should try semi postal!

• SeanandNoahsmom
    January 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Basic cable in our area is about 20 dollars a month; perhaps you could look into that? ((Hugs))

The game was devastating- you didn't miss much because the Broncos played so dismally, except Trendon Holiday.

• Mariagma3
    January 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I truly am so sorry! I cannot live without tv! Yes, I'm spoiled...embarrassed

• ashleighmama
    Ash
    January 17, 2013 at 2:57 AM
    Here in Oregon, basic cable from comcast is only 12.99. One step up and its like 69.99. You get WAY more channels, but we get mad that theres no inbetween package. You are SOOO not asking too much, heck, it seems most of the time its the man that HAS TO HAVE cable, and he usually wants all the bells and whistles too. Put your foot down mama, he should at least pay for the basic plan, where you get like ABC, NBC, CBS, and of course the others are crap, spanish, I dont speak spanish, I think a shopping channel and I dont know what else. But ya, you do deserve to have it mama, this is 2013 tell him.

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts