40ish and beyond...

mango44
Does anyone remember life without Cell Phones!
by mango44
January 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I do!  People had to wait to bother you, they couldn't just call you when you were out driving or doing something like shopping. 

Hey I agree it's a comfort to have a phone with you when your driving or out somewhere.  However, often I feel it's a pain in the ass, to have to answer text messages or calls when I am busy doing grocery shopping or whatever! 

Now when someone wants to get in touch, ya don't have excuses to ignore them, ugh!

Replies

• xjulia
    by xjulia
    January 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yes I remember. I also remember using a pay phone.

• jlsjjsmom
    January 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Heck - not only do I remember life before cell phones I remember PARTY LINES. We had 4 houses on one phone line. Each house had a different type of ring to let you know who the call was for. And often you'd pick up the phone to make a call out only to have one of the neighbors talking on the line. I also remember when you only had to dial the last 4 numbers of a phone number if you were calling from the same town.

• alexgia
    by alexgia
    January 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    i am really remembering it right now as my cell phone has not worked for 2 weeks. i will be shopping for a new one tomorrow. anyone know of any good deals?
  • Why123
    by Why123
    January 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I also remember party lines.  It irritated me no end when the other person on the party line would take the phone off the hook so I couldn't make any outgoing calls.  I liked life without cell phones.  If I was out, people had to wait until I got home to talk to me.

• Aishamusty
    January 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

BUMP!

• lovemymichael
    January 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I remember! I remember saving up quarters and dimes so I could run to the gas station pay phone to make a long distance call because my mom wouldn't let me run up the house phone bill. Lol

• soaringflutes
    January 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Life without cell phones was certainly different.  But I still ignore texts and calls on my cell too.  I'm glad I have one, since I'm pregnant and the roads have been really icy here. 

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts