40ish and beyond...

wishbearmom
But on a good note...
October 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I apologize if I always seem to be making negative posts and rants on here! Here is some good news! I hired a chimney sweep, using the BBB to find a reliable contractor. He showed up 15 minutes EARLY for the appointment, inspected not only my fireplace and chimney, but my furnace and hot water tank and all my smoke detectors, and since he was up on the high ladder, cleaned my gutters and roof around the chimney for  NO EXTRA CHARGE. He was amazing and the epitome of a small businessman who truly valued a new customer. OMG I can't tell you how much it meant to me that he cleaned out the gutters and cleared the roof while I was in the process of raking and bagging pineneedles from last night's windstorm. He will have my business for as long as I live in this house. Last year I hired someone to clean my roof and gutters, and they charged me double the quote and didn't do what I asked at the time I hired them  (and I used what I thought was a reputable screening service!!)  He pointed out that my chimney probably hadn't been cleaned in a decade (yet didn't use that as an excuse to charge me extra!), and that my flue chain needs tightening, which he said he'd come back to take care of when he had the right tools. All I can say is WOW. I truly lucked out!

Replies

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    BL
    October 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM

That is awesome! Good for you.

• LFosterfarm
    October 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM

that's awesome!!!

• rosebud727
    October 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I'm glad to see someone out there that understand the importance of quality workmanship. My hats off to this guy!

• cjcharlie1959
    October 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM

You did really well with this one. Who was it?  we want to know.  I'm always looking for good contractors as I always seem to have the worse of luck (and I'm picky) with them. 

• manilowgal
    October 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    It's so nice to find people that take pride in their work! I'm sure you'll recommend him to others as well!
  • wishbearmom
    October 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

The company is called Oakenshield Chimney Service. He was super nice, thorough, and appreciative of my business!

Quoting cjcharlie1959:

You did really well with this one. Who was it?  we want to know.  I'm always looking for good contractors as I always seem to have the worse of luck (and I'm picky) with them. 

• sunflowers12
    October 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

well, there's still some good business ppl out there.. i to try to help out my customers and try giving them the dollars worth of cleaning with a personal touch.. however many times its over looked and under appreciated so you just learn to take it all in stride...

40ish and beyond...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts