Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
kuntrylady56
Needing Support
March 22 at 12:45 PM

Nothingbad this time,well unless you count being on a diet bad.lol  But have officially put myself on a diet. Right now I'm at 250lbs and should weigh for my height between 115-150! So I am considered obese,not just overweight.  A couple years ago I did this and was able to loose about 30 lbs in about 3-4 months time. But then I got lazy again and just stopped exercising and not really focusing on what I ate,so it all came back!!

So The last week I've been counting my calories but haven't really been exercising yet..  

I do not really have any friends to go walking with or to the gym with so will be needing you ladies to keep me on track.  I'll mainly be doing exercises at home,walking and I have a stationary bike to ride(never learned how to ride a real one).

I've signed in on the WEBMD sight for weight loss management program and I should only be taking in like 1300 calories a day after eating like 1600 and then doing exercising to burn off a certain percentage.  

So is anybody else trying to loose weight?  And if you lost a significant amount,how did you do it?  Any suggestion are welcome. Except any fad diets,don't think I could just eat cabbage or something like that.lol

Wish me luck ladies! dumbbelltreadmill

Replies

• DesignGirl450
    March 22 at 1:27 PM

I have never been overweight, but do gain a few pounds easily since I have gotten older, and it is so hard to get them off.  So I feel for you, and send my encouragement.  Let us know about your progress. 

• suzeebloch
    March 22 at 2:04 PM

Becky's been doing great - she has lost weight and has been sticking to her daily exercise, too.

Cindy and I were "buddies" when we were doing the 5:2 fast diet - eat "normally" 5 days and stick to 500 calories or less for 2 days each week - but after the first of the year, we both "gave up." 

Dieting is HARD.  I have an elliptical I bought last fall and have only used it twice.  LOL.  What time to you plan to try and exercise?  maybe we could try to sync those times and hold each other accountable ... what i want to do with the ellipitical would only take 5 freaking minutes.  yes.  5.  freaking. MINUTES of my time and I have yet to do that.  omg.  pathetic.  I want to lose 30 pounds.  Like Lynda, I used to be slim, be able to eat whatever I wanted and never gained an ounce.  Until I reached my 40s.  UGH.  Getting old sucks.  ha.

• Maddie24
    March 22 at 2:35 PM

I have always been slim until I quit smoking... not sure it is worth it.  I have put on weight that I woud like to lose,  I think I eat ok - it is just I eat too much.  Exercise is so hard now - I just do not have the energy for it.  Perhaps the warmer weather will help both of us.  I find food items low in calories and  that is all I have.  It is a bit more challenging with a child you cook for.  Best wishes and keep us posted. 

• Mariagma3
    March 22 at 2:46 PM

Good luck! I'm about 247, and should weigh around 150 tops. I'm trying to keep my calories around 1200 everyday. I'm not doing the best, but I'm not gaining either. I'll get there somehow..:) I will probably start doing crunches again. Good luck, you can do it!

• caro100
    by caro100
    March 22 at 3:30 PM

I have the web md site as well, but I really don't do anything.  Yes, I am trying to lose weight, butI haven't been putting a lot of effort into it.  Make sure you eat breakfast.  I have been eating a carton of greek yogurt, which has more protein than an egg. it really keeps my appetite down dannon light and lively only has 80 calories.  It also has probiotics you need to better utilize the food you eat.

• SpiritFortress
    March 22 at 3:55 PM

I hope for your best on your weight loss journey. I need to lose about 8-10 lbs. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and I'm not counting calories but am being conscious of what I eat and eating correct portion sizes. I can relate to just stopping with the exercise. And then going to the store and buying cookies or doughnuts. You can do this! It's helpful to be accountable for exercise and I do that on CM in a couple groups. I don't check in and report every single day but I do once or twice a week just to keep me aware of what I am or am not achieving. 

• my4kids274
    March 22 at 3:59 PM
    Good luck! :)
  • mac1940
    by mac1940
    March 22 at 5:22 PM

Try to eat fresh veggies, fresh fruit, lean proteins limiting your carbs and especially your sugars.  I applaud you for not  doing a fad diet - too often they work but it is far too easy to put the weight back on once you go off it.  I lost a bunch of weight several years ago on the original weight watchers and to date haven't gained more than 5 pound back at which time I follow the plan again.  When I crave something, I allow myself to have a small amount  but the cravings have decreased as I have gotten to feel better.  I can't say I do much exercising any more - though I do try to walk some.  I offer your my encouragement and wishes for good luck in your journey.

• louannwilkins
    March 22 at 5:22 PM

Good luck to you!!  I would say the best thing to do is get in the habit of walking several times a week, try not to eat out for a while and no eating after about 6 in the evening.  I think you'd see some pounds come off just doing that.  Hang in there!!!!!

• Caitlin10081989
    March 22 at 5:32 PM

Good luck on losing weight, I am trying to lose weight to.

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN