Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Cindy18
QOTD- 12/01/13- What is your workplace like?
by Cindy18
December 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Friendly, fun place to work, boring, busy, office based, community based? Tell us about your workplace......

Replies

• JanetR74
    December 1, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I work part time at a convenience store.  I love my co workers and my customers, we are like a big family.  And now my oldest dd (17) works there with me so it makes it alot of fun. Plus we get free coffee all day long..life is good lol. 

• suzeebloch
    December 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

Friendly, YES.

fun place to work, Of course! I get to wear jammies whenever I want!

boring, sometimes, but then I can get up and leave.

busy, Not very busy.

office based, No - just a desk in my living room

community based? No. 

Tell us about your workplace....I work from home, part-time self-employed and "full time" for a company in Florida.

• Bleacheddecay
    December 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I'm an independent contractor so it varies for me.

• gmadiane
    December 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

right now I am working as a nanny, so I just go and play with kids all day, its awesome

• MichelleMc
    December 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Friendly- Not really in the sense of the customers. 

fun place to work-Not really. Customers can get so nasty & it is busy so often.  Then our stats & things we have to follow, it is just ugh. It is nice to commute a few feet, wear Sweats & just be home.

boring- Rarely do we get time to get boring.

busy- Almost always. Especially in the winter. people are always shocked that snow interfers with their satellite. 

office based-Kind of. It is my son's old bedroom. I have my computer, two monitors, desk, laptop stand for my other laptop for non work stuff, my tv & receiver so I can check things that might be going wrong.

community based? No. I work at home.

Tell us about your workplace....I work from home. I take inbound phone calls for Technical Support. See above LOL.

• Maddie24
    December 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My workplace can be unpleasant and dreary.  We are very busy and it is best to focus on the job rather than mgt or work environment.  I do not particularly like my job, but hope that will change between now and the time I retire!

• gonecrazi
    December 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'm a SAHM so it depends on the day.

• Ambear72
    December 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I work as a cook at Head Start, its full of kids. There is laughter, and some crying.  There is singing and play time.  Its noisey and loud, and its busy and hecktic and full of hugs and sillyness.  Somedays its a pain and others its a joy. 

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    December 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I am retired after years of working as an RN in a busy Emergency Room/ Trauma Unit.  It was always hectic, I worked with wonderful talented dedicated medical professionals who also had the ability to laugh.  I loved it.  And now I am retired and busy at home and that too is mostly a great atmosphere to work in.  My coworker (dh) is supportive and easy to get along with.

• campingmomof4
    December 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I work in a corporate office.  The people I work with are nice and fun.  But it is work. 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN