Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Bmat
My sleep test is tonight. update
by Bmat
June 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I was just called, and the sleep test will be tonight. If I need the second night, it will be next Monday. They had a cancellation, and I don't mind doing it tonight, only I hadn't planned for it and was going to be sure to get up extra early as suggested. But OK.  So I am going to get my shower and teeth and meds all done before I go over so I just have to change my clothes and relax, hehehe.

Update: Well the best part was being able to sit and read while the tech hooked up another lady in another bedroom down the hall. I changed into jammies, he hooked about 15 or so monitors to my scalp, legs, chest, face, neck. And that was it. I thought I'd be able to read some more, but it was lights out.

The room was furnished as a bedroom,  reasonably comfortable, with private bath. I brought my own pillow and little blanket. Didn't sleep much because I was worried about whether I'd sleep. LOL!  This morning the tech got me up at 5:30 and at 6 I was on my way home.  They'll call with results.

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    June 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

They didn't say.  I guess when the doctor has time to evaluate the test.

Quoting lifeglow:

when do u get the results?

• Why123
    by Why123
    June 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I have never done one because I know that I wouldn't sleep.  I hope you were able to get some good information.

• Bleacheddecay
    June 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hope you get good results. *HUGS* Man I hate lights out! And I have no jammies! LOL

• valkay
    by valkay
    June 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My son had one and they stopped it early because he quit breathing so often and for so long..

My neighbor had one about 2 months ago.  It was at a VA hospital they let his wife sleep in the room with him.  Craziest thing I have ever heard..

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    June 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Thats to bad that you didnt get hardly any sleep at all.  They are going to tell you have insomnia. LOL  They should of let you read until you dozed off naturally.

Quoting Bmat:

I'm very bad at sleeping in strange places. The first night I typically don't sleep. So I just took a walk, and I'll take reading material, and my pillow, and see how it goes.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Good luck!  How are you at sleeping at strange places?

• LEK19
    by LEK19
    June 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I don't understand how that can work because it is not a typical night's sleep. Wouldn't anybody have trouble sleeping like that? I always do when I am away from home. 

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    June 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Exactly, sounds like a scam to me. I dont know why they cant let the people do the test at home.  They could just come and hook them up at night and bring the monitor unless of coarse its too big n bulky .  I wonder if Insurance covers it, I bet it gets denied often for medical necessity.

Quoting LEK19:

I don't understand how that can work because it is not a typical night's sleep. Wouldn't anybody have trouble sleeping like that? I always do when I am away from home. 

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    June 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Tomorrow morning. :)

Quoting lifeglow:

when do u get the results?

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    June 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I wondered too, since I can't sleep in a new place. And this time I was anxious about sleeping besides. :(

Quoting Why123:

I have never done one because I know that I wouldn't sleep.  I hope you were able to get some good information.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    June 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I always read before I go to bed. A good part of my bedtime routine was messed up.  LOL! Well since both techs were men you might have wanted to come up with something. I had worn a tanktini under my jammie top and am glad that I did.  :)

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Hope you get good results. *HUGS* Man I hate lights out! And I have no jammies! LOL

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN