Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Esmrlda
When was the last time you...... did something for yourself?
by Esmrlda
May 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Did you get pampered or buy yourself something? holding cloth bag

Lock yourself away in your room with a good book and a do not disturb sign.  reading

Eat a cupcake or chocolate bar that you really wanted?   having chocolate

Go to lunch or dinner with friends?  margarita time

I am going on Friday for a microdermabrasion mini peel facial. Its something I do for myself and my gift to me.

What did you do for you?

Replies

• momma-t42
    May 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Last week, I went out of town and spent a whole 48 hours alone (I had the two french bulldogs puppies), by myself, few interruptions... Just me having time to gather my thoughts, spend time in prayer and be at peace with where I am.  It was SOOOO refreshing, I'd like to do it again soon.

• LEK19
    by LEK19
    May 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Watched a movie that I can't when my daughter is home. Her Dad took her for a walk to visit a friend. That was almost a month ago - longer ago than I thought. 

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Aw man, I would love to do something like that. Did you go to a nice town that you could go for strolls and window shop?

Quoting momma-t42:

Last week, I went out of town and spent a whole 48 hours alone (I had the two french bulldogs puppies), by myself, few interruptions... Just me having time to gather my thoughts, spend time in prayer and be at peace with where I am.  It was SOOOO refreshing, I'd like to do it again soon.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Oh yes, I remember those days. 

Quoting LEK19:

Watched a movie that I can't when my daughter is home. Her Dad took her for a walk to visit a friend. That was almost a month ago - longer ago than I thought. 

• KittyGram
    May 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I just had a mini shopping "spree" last week.  Needed a couple new tops for work.

I very frequently hole up with a book (and a specialty drink at Starbucks).

Just last night, I stopped at DQ and got a German Chocolate Blizzard.

About a week and a half ago, I went out for fish fry with a couple friends, and the same 3 of us will be going out again this Friday night, to a "new to two of us" restaurant.

I treat myself a lot!!!   : ) 

• kuntrylady56
    May 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Just this past Saturday evening I had the house all to myself except for the furbabies. So I just bummed around and messes on the computer,read a little and watched some movies. Took me a nice long luxurious bath with lots of bubbles. Shaved my legs and put body lotion all over. Felt so good.   Then snuggled up in my comfy pjs and just vegetated!

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Your living the life!!  Good for you.

Quoting KittyGram:

I just had a mini shopping "spree" last week.  Needed a couple new tops for work.

I very frequently hole up with a book (and a specialty drink at Starbucks).

Just last night, I stopped at DQ and got a German Chocolate Blizzard.

About a week and a half ago, I went out for fish fry with a couple friends, and the same 3 of us will be going out again this Friday night, to a "new to two of us" restaurant.

I treat myself a lot!!!   : ) 

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Usually every day I do.  I always get time to myself.  Always. 

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Sounds like a lovely evening!

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Just this past Saturday evening I had the house all to myself except for the furbabies. So I just bummed around and messes on the computer,read a little and watched some movies. Took me a nice long luxurious bath with lots of bubbles. Shaved my legs and put body lotion all over. Felt so good.   Then snuggled up in my comfy pjs and just vegetated!

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Lucky you, Im jealous!

Quoting atlmom2:

Usually every day I do.  I always get time to myself.  Always. 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN