Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Cindy18
Church
by Cindy18
January 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Do you got to church? Regularly or just at the holidays or special events?

If you go to church, are you active in your church? If so, what extra activities do you participate in?

Replies

• KittyGram
    January 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    I don't go anymore. I was a member of a church for twelve years, up till about four years ago. For about six or seven of those years, I was very involved in the singles over 30 ministry, helping to lead it for about three of those years. I also ushered frequently, and I set up communion trays for quite some time,too.
  • suga118
    by suga118
    January 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

HI I am Cynthia

Yes I go to Church but not as often as I use to. I'm just getting back into going on  a regular basis so that mu grandchildren can go. I had stopped going because of the drama that started going on and the constant bickering about money. Times are getting hard for us all and the church needs to understand that everyboby doesn't  Always have money for church and they shouldn't be looked down on or singled out when they don't have it to give. Sorry for ranting.

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    January 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I admit I don't go on a very regular basis.  It is not that I do not believe, it's just that I feel closer to God in other places such as on a lake in the early A.M., watching a beautiful sunset and a few other places.  Lots of reasons I quit going as often as I once did but won't go into them.

• Marinefranksmom
    January 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I go to Mass every Sunday (or Sat evening) and I also sing in the church choir.  I spent many years not going to church until my son was born.  I enjoy being part of the parish family &, when I can, I attend or volunteer for church functions.

• butterflymeme
    January 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I go, I don't always get to go as regular as I used too, but I do go. My church is very small and I am not as active as I probably should be but not a whole lot to do.

• caro100
    by caro100
    January 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I'm backslid, but I am still very spiritual. I went to a movie today and was very pleasantly to see some scriptural references and prayer worked in.  Anyway, used to go to ladies night out when I did go and also the monthly business meeting and pot luck.

• Maddie24
    January 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I don't go very often.  I hope to change that this year.  I went when the girls were younger.  I am glad I did. 

• Lovemyshadows
    January 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I did until I was sick. I sang in the choir.  Now that I'm well enough to go again I just can't get back in the habit

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

No church for us

• lisamarie1265
    January 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Yes we go to church regularly ... I went there as a kid, my girls went there for elementary school.. I was involved in choir for years but I haven't been for awhile, we participate in the food drives at the holidays, collections and deliveries, and we participate in our giving tree at Christmas. Since the girls were in school we always participated in school and church functions,  I am a Eucharistic minister as are my daughters. I love our church, it's a wonderful community of friends, family, nieghbors, ... 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts